Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Xara Xone Banners

Hi Barbara and Gare

Just wondered if you had any banners/buttons/icons etc for the Xara Xone that could be used to link to the site.

At present I've got Gary's last design for my banner links and would like to update them to more match the new look.

If you don't have any banners or time to do them, would you mind if I put some together using the logo etc. They will only be used by me as links to/promotion of the Xara Xone.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Default Re: Xara Xone Banners

Su thanks for asking the questions. I also will need updated buttons/icons for TG and the Xara Xone for the next release of XaReg.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thought I'd bump this thread, I think it's getting a bit lost amongst all the sticky threads.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

@ SU,

Rather ask if you can use the images used at xaraxone,
    rightclick>saveAs>import
    Or import text and graphics from web (ctrl+alt+w)

Hans

Hi Hans

I thought I did, see the part of my post which says if there are not any banners etc, then I would be happy to put something together using the logo etc. Possibly wasn't clear enough?

Regards

Su

Exclamation Xara Xone Logo and Favicon

@Hans and all—

I'm attaching an official Xara Xone logo and favicon to this message. There is no need to copy graphics off the website to re-use; it's not good policy to ever do that with copyright material.

As the creator of the graphic, I grant permission to use the attached Xara file for the express purpose of promoting The Xara Xone on websites in the form of a button, banner, or other device. Changing the logo(s) by recoloring them, substituting fonts, rearranging elements, editorializing, and other artistic changes are not permitted. And besides, if you change the logos dramatically, no one is going to recognize them, right?

You are permitted to crop, resize, rotate, and perform whatever is needed to fit a button, banner, or other device onto a web page.

Also, be aware that The Xara Xone (xaraxone.com) is owned by The Xara Group, Ltd., and I was given permission by said group to create the logo used on the website.

That's it, end of the "fine print".

I'd love to see the sites and the links if and when anyone has deployed them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraXone-logo+favicon.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	33.5 KB 
ID:	91192

Thanks, all for your patience in this and other stuff. I wanted to support The Xara Xone with an area on TalkGraphics and sometimes all this stuff makes me remember that proverb: Be careful what you wish for.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gare; 28 July 2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: The time-space equation was wrong, and hence deadly.

Default Re: Xara Xone Logo and Favicon

Thanks Gary. When I get XaReg updated I'll send you a copy.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If something about the file doesn't work for you, let's talk about it here, okay? This is for everyone: the logo needed some last-minute editing so all could use it as a vector file, and I might not have done it 100% kosher.

I will ask Kate about the TalkGraphics logo.

My Best,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That's great Gary thanks for doing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@ Su,I meant to ask gare to have it provided or that you could use the web images to use it as a banner or create a banner of it.
    @ Gare,I suggested Su to ask you if it were possible to use the images rather saying to just take/steel them.
    Glad you could and would provide them to the public.

Hans