Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 8.1.2 update now available

HI All. We’ve released updates for all products in the Designer 8 series, bringing them all up to version 8.1.2.23228

Updating

To update your installation, simply start the program and it will automatically find any available update. Alternatively use the "Update program" facility in the program Help menu. Note you need to have unlocked AND registered your program to receive updates.

Additional information regarding the update is available from the news section of the Xara support site.

Thank you
    Xara Team

Default Re: 8.1.2 update now available

Excellent, looks like the presentation menu on website bug is fixed
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Would it be asking too much for a list of bug fixes and other improvements?

HI Gary, a list of changes which includes the main bug fixes can be viewed from the news section of the xara support site.

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...news&newsid=27

Thanks

When I try to run this update I get the message 'to execute this installation, you must first need to install Designer Pro X'.

I'm currently running Designer MX Premium 8.0.2. 21761and the prompt to update appears automatically whenever I start the program.

Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    When I try to run this update I get the message 'to execute this installation, you must first need to install Designer Pro X'.

I'm currently running Designer MX Premium 8.0.2. 21761and the prompt to update appears automatically whenever I start the program.
    Same here.

- Jim

Add me to the list....Dave

I have v. 8.0.2.21761 and also can't upgrade.... The update is downloaded, and appears to install - but then I'm told I still have the old version and am asked to do download the upgrade again. Repeated the process several times, using both the options to 'Update immediately' and 'install when programme is closed.' I select the (only) option to repair the ugprade and am told that the repair has finished, click to complete the installation... But when I open the programme, nothing appears to have changed.

Grateful for any advice.
    Yaffa

There will be no obvious changes in the interface after the upgrade unless you have change the UI from the default Dark to the Light UI which I prefer to use.

To verify the update has taken place check the Help > About Xara Web Designer MX Premium
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wdmxp.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	91151  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Whatever the problem was it looks like it's been sorted now so if you've been having trouble with the update then I suggest you give it another go. Thanks to whoever fixed it.