Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem with graphic element (bullet) position in footer in different browsers

Hi all.

I'm a bit of a newbie to web designer so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've performed a few searches but can't seem to find the answer that way, so I thought I would post.

I added a bullet to my footer which is repeated on all pages on my site. My intention is to have that bullet positioned between the copyright notice and my email address, sort of like <<copyright>> The Bullet <<email address>>. The attached gif shows what it looks like.

It looks fine in web designer preview, and in IE after I upload it. But in Firefox the bullet ends up on top of the beginning of the email address.

I tried Anchoring to text, but can't seem to make that work for the footer text. Also tried setting the bullet's position to Automatic, and that didn't work. I also set the bullet to no longer repeat on pages thinking that was causing an issue from page-to-page, but alas that's not the problem either.

Any help is much appreciated!

TIA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tmp.gif 
Views:	75 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	91059  

Default Re: Problem with graphic element (bullet) position in footer in different browsers

In WDMX anchored groups cannot repeat on all pages. You may have to un-anchor them, position them as footer and then repeat.

Default Re: Problem with graphic element (bullet) position in footer in different browsers

Is the bullet part of the text? If so, make it a separate object and nobody will know the difference and I think it will work.

Leave space in the text for the bullet then add the bullet and bring it in front of the text. See http://www.gwpriester.com/bullet/

I see some visual difference with the alignment but this is because of the all caps vs caps and lowercase.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 July 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Looks like this has been fixed in the update released today http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...news&newsid=27

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Looks like this has been fixed in the update released today http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...news&newsid=27
    Wow... that would make my day! I'll check it out and let everyone know.

It is helpful!