Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: The Patch.

Mark,

It is now Wednesday the 15th - the Promised Day of The Patch. Update us, please!

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

Mark,

It is now Wednesday the 15th - the Promised Day of The Patch. Update us, please!

K
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

We do have the patch and we are doing the final testing and this will continue for some hours yet, this unfortunately may mean we slip until tomorrow.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

don't hurry...

just make it stable & reliable

btw print borders is remembered
    show printer colors is not
    it would be nice if xara remembered
    this setting too

FLySOLO

Tomorrow is today . . . so???

I have some transparent GIFs I need to make very soon, must I revert to using CorelXARA???

K
    K

Let's give the folks at Xara a break! Software testing and troubleshooting is a bit more complicated than baking a cake!

Bob

Speaking as someone who works (yep I got a day job) in software (now a manager) this situation is not very professional.

I think Xara needs to be carefull about post on boards - I've always assumed the the Xara heads talking here are from marketing not software.

Like artists software engineers speak with the heart not with a bussiness plan. Any good software engineer will say there are no bugs in their code (not a bad attitude, rather a good mind set).

But testing and verification of changes must take place and if Xara is well managed then there should be a markinging release plan for this next release not some software person saying I'll have it for you tomorrow.

While we should not get impaticient, I think for PR sake Xara needs to plan and control there announcements - dare I say especially to us as we on this board have an extra focus on XaraX.

Turan

Turan, Mark Goodall is the Product Manager for XaraX - not just "some software person".

But I agree: they should NOT announce a release date for an important patch - and then let it slip. Far better then to say "sometime". I've planned some work according to when we we would getting the patch - but now I'm stuck! No transparent GIFs for me.

K
    K

I'm 'just some software person' in case Mark or anyone thinks that was an attempt to insult [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .

Just was not sure where the comments were coming from.

It's good that Xara come to these boards rather than rely on us checking their web site for FAQ's and updates etc. but I know the importance of commitment to deadlines and while in software that can be a black art it can be mastered.

Turan

8days to buy day - don't think I'll be able to say no - that's my waltet vote for what I really think of Xara X (to keep things in context [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Patch 2 is now available from the Xara website.
    See there for details.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd