Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Access for client to 'blog' type page

Recently, I was able to find within Xara's site a facility which allowed me to designate a page on my site which my client could access (via p/w) and provide updated information on a daily basis directly to his customers - (it was confined to text.) Yes, I suppose it is a type of blog but access in this case was solely to my client.

I now cannot find this facility anywhere and wonder if anyone has a simple solution to this problem?

Default Re: Access for client to 'blog' type page

You might be thinking of Site Updater which is on the Xara Online website http://www.xaraonline.com/frontpage.asp

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You might be thinking of Site Updater which is on the Xara Online website http://www.xaraonline.com/frontpage.asp
    Yes, that is due to be taken off one of these days and I simply cannot get it to work on IE, Chrome or Firefox.

I suppose I'll have to use some form of blog .....??

Didn't somebody do a whole CMS design package for XWD? I could have sworn that I saw one and bookmarked it for later use, but can't find any such bookmark now. I didn't dream it, did I?

No you didnīt dream it Jimy . It actually exists. Itīs called XT-CMS, it works with Xara products and you can find it here.
    Itīs developer is a talkgraphics user. His nickname here is xtom.

Thanks MEB. Anybody used it? If so was it easy to set up?

I havenīt tried it so i canīt add much more but xtom has created a demo-site here and posted two videos on YouTube that may give you some answers about setting it up and running it.
    Iīm not affiliated with xtom or XT-CMS in any way. I just think itīs a great project that can expand the functionality of Xara a lot in respect to let others change the contents of a website without having Xara installed.

I agree. I have a new project that I'm going to design in Xara and the client wants to update some of the content himself.

Actually if there's a way where the page in question could "auto extend" to fit the CMS content I could probably just use one of the free CMS websites for the job.