Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default google plus code...

Hi All

I'm struggling to add the google plus code as it's telling me. The instructions and code google are providing are given below. Basically I'm putting the code below into web properties>placeholder>replace with html code. I'm guessing this is wrong as I'm not getting the desired result! Can you please guide me?

thanks and regards,
    AutoEvo

<!-- Place this tag where you want the badge to render. -->
    <div class="g-plus" data-height="69" data-href="//plus.google.com/116319529925694565132?rel=publisher"></div>

<!-- Place this tag after the last badge tag. -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
    window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en-GB'};

(function() {
    var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
    po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
    })();
    </script>

Default Re: google plus code...

This is what I get if I use your code Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	90934 is that how it should look?
    Also the badge won't be visible until you publish to your server

James

Can you help AutoEvo in terms of where you placed the code? Did you use a placeholder? Did you add all of the script to the same area? Did you add the script to the body or head areas or both?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    James

Can you help AutoEvo in terms of where you placed the code? Did you use a placeholder? Did you add all of the script to the same area? Did you add the script to the body or head areas or both?
    Yes, I pasted the code in properties>placeholder>replace with html code (body)

I tried to do what you did James but didn't get the same result. I just got a page that looked like it did before I tried anything... so I didn't get any change at all.

However... before doing what you did, I created a box first and then I clicked on web properties>placeholder etc... did you create a new box first? If not, how did you get the item on your page where you wanted it?? And just to confirm... you used all of the script or just part of it??

thanks
    AutoEvo

Hi,
    I created a new box at the same size as the badge(approx 300 x 60px) and put all the code in the same placeholder.
    Make sure the placeholder is in the mouse off layer. And remember it won't be visable in preview.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    This is what I get if I use your code Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	90934 is that how it should look?
    Also the badge won't be visible until you publish to your server
    Yes this is what I am trying to achieve

AutoEvo are you publishing to a web server or previewing locally on your computer?

To see the Google Plus tag you must publish to a web server. Local preview will not access google plus to gather the information necessary to display the tag.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Soquilli, yes I was publishing to a server rather than just previewing locally but I must admit to forgetting to check if my placeholder was in the mouse off layer. So I will double check this and try again. Fingers crossed!

OK I'm trying it and it's STILL not working. So back to the beginning...

With the code above. For those of you who it's worked for...

1 - have you copied and pasted ALL of the given code into the 'replace html code [body]?
    2 - did you delete the parts of the code where it says 'place this tag where you want the badge to render' and 'place this tag after the last badge tag'?
    3 - did you check the web properties box that says 'regenerate placeholder image automatically or not?'

I've done 1 above, without altering a thing [as questioned in 2], I've ensured i'm not in mouse off layer and I've published to my server [not locally] and I'm getting no where. So something is going amiss and I just can't figure out what....