Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Wrapping menus

Instead of one horizontal menu with several buttons I would like to have several menus, each with one button, arranged horizontally without gaps. In this way the Navbar would be more flexible because the menus would wrap when the viewer uses a low resolution or a small window.
    However, when I make more than one menu they are stacked vertically instead of horizontally though there isn't a break between the menus.
    The url to my menu is: http://digitaalfotograferen.andrewva...nl/p_home.html

Cheers, Andrew

Instead of one horizontal menu with several buttons I would like to have several menus, each with one button, arranged horizontally without gaps. In this way the Navbar would be more flexible because the menus would wrap when the viewer uses a low resolution or a small window.
    However, when I make more than one menu they are stacked vertically instead of horizontally though there isn't a break between the menus.
    The url to my menu is: http://digitaalfotograferen.andrewva...nl/p_home.html

Cheers, Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The xaramenu uses a table to set placement of the buttons. The last entry is a <br> carridge return. The entire table is set within a div which is relatively placed. I tried pulling the <br>'s but the table itelf was still placed the same in IE and one menu was under the other in Netscape 4.7...

Sounds like a decent idea tho... will have to look into this latter if I get more time. If you can read js/html take a look at the xaramenu.js file.

Thank you John for bothering. I do read some Javascript but I could not work it out. Although it is a minor problem, a solution might open some new creative ways to design navigation bars.

Andrew

I agree! We need more people suggesting improvements and not just whining. I try to help answer what I can to keep the whining to a minimum, but we need some ideas. MM can be a truly great product, we just need to provide some helpful feedback to xara...

I feel this is one good idea... the ability to customize the structure of the menu a little more. Could be a quick simple fix, that could net a new revision for xara, at upgrade prices...

Every little bit helps...