Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default align stroke option grey out

Hi guys. I have another issue and am and not sure what I am doing wrong. I've enclosed the file for another who wants to take a look at what I did so far. In this file, I have created two simple shapes(shown on the bottom of the layer panel) and used the 3d extrude and bevel to create my 3d shape. After which, I expand and delete the clipping mask and unite the inner circle. Ungroup so all I have left is just two shapes. Now I want to apply a 5pt stroke to the outer circle and align inside, but the option is grey out.

[link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 08 July 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    IP

Default Re: align stroke option grey out

Please attach your Zip file here and not to an external link. It's a security thing. I'm sure your link is innocent but you can never be too sure.

From what you describe, by creating an extrusion and bevel, you have created a bitmap to which you cannot add an outline, except around the outside of the rectangle containing the bitmap.
    IP

duceduc,

with a zip file of your I file, I would first investigate using the appearance panel for the effects you are trying to achieve. Give it a whirl. If you get stuck again, attach the zip of the AI file.

Take care, Mike
    IP

I tried to attach but it says my file exceed the limit. Not sure why. It is only 310kb. But it seems I got it fix. I click on the unite button, and I am able select the stroke option. I am not sure why I would need to unit a single object. A bug possible?
    IP

Well, it comes down to whatever works...

Without the file both in the pre-expanded and post-expanded condition, I wouldn't know myself what was up.

Take care, Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Well, it comes down to whatever works...

Without the file both in the pre-expanded and post-expanded condition, I wouldn't know myself what was up.

Take care, Mike
    Here you go. I do like to know why. The object in question is the top larger circle.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP