Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: align stroke option grey out

Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther View Post
    In Pathfinder just click "Exclude" and you will have all align stroke options.
    Note from Adobe help:
    • Align Stroke To Center
    • Align Stroke To Inside
    • Align Stroke To Outside
    Note: If you try to align paths that use different stroke alignments, the paths may not exactly align. Make sure the path alignment settings are the same if you need the edges to match up exactly when aligned.
    BP
    Thanks. Good to know for future reference.
    IP

Hi duceduc,
    I have done the same Illy tutorial like you i hope it´s the same and i must say i had the same break point like you and cheating to made it complete. i really don´t know if this from the tut. it self, Illy version maybe or from us as users.
    I work with version CS6. in your profile you have only AI but not which vesion?
    Attached is the finished result what i have done.
    BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Opera logo#1.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	90815  
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432
    IP

black panther,

Yes, it seems to be right tut. I am using CS6 and have specify what version I have as well in my profile now.
    IP

If I was doing this I would use the Appearance Panel to set fill and stroke weight & position and the text would still be editable. If you could post the link for the tut I could have a look at it and see if I could do it different cos I don't like your instructions when you stated that you used the the "Unite" in the pathfinder.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    If I was doing this I would use the Appearance Panel to set fill and stroke weight & position and the text would still be editable. If you could post the link for the tut I could have a look at it and see if I could do it different cos I don't like your instructions when you stated that you used the the "Unite" in the pathfinder.
    Thanks duceduc,
    Well Peter.
    1. in the tut,we have used the Appearance Panel too.
    2. There are no text in the tut., the "O" is a shape created with the rectangle tool.
    3. At this time before i do the tut. too was that the only solution for the OP problem,(using Exclude in Pathfinder).
    4. Here is the link for the Tut. http://vforvectors.com/create-a-3d-opera-logo/
    Please, let me know, why at this point when you want to apply strocke 5 pt inside is the option for inside and outside grey out.
    Many thanks
    BP
    IP

The 5pt stroke is to give the large O a look of having a bevelled edge and it is given a glow effect. Had a look at the tut and I think it is over complicated. Using a rectangle with rounded corners and the using a fish eye warp seems over elaborate as well as using a 3D bevel effect with perspective seem unnecessary when you can get the same effect sing ellipses. Will try and do the tut between work and post results. I down loaded the persons file and it still had a clipping masks around the group so that looks wrong according to the tut.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Thanks Peter,
    That is already what i have meant, (what is wrong? the tut, the version or the users)
    The tut is very difficult and complicate. there are some unnecessery steps like the 3D and the warp effect, i agreed with this.
    The tut is for the beginner but sorry not from the language but from the steps and how complicte ,it will be hard for a beginner to do it.
    I have seen another tut using the 3D too and tried it in Illy CS6 but no way. i gave all the values like the tut, but in CS6 have another 3D object.
    Anyway thanks again for having a look on the tut and i´am lokking forward for your next post.
    Best regards
    BP
    IP