Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This is my horse not cloned but I copied from a photo of her..Isn't she pretty???
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-misty.jpg
    IP

This is my horse not cloned but I copied from a photo of her..Isn't she pretty???
    http://creationsbydawn.net/showoff/dr-misty.jpg
    IP

I feel I can almost stroke her, very friendly painting Dawn. Maybe we can see the rest of her, legs and all.

Sunny
    IP

Thanks Sunny but sorry, don't have the rest of her. Only did the head..
    IP

yet another lovely image, Dawn.

I love animals. and while I don't own any horses at the moment, they and cats are some of my favorite animals.

Thank you for posting such a lovely image.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Thank you Athena. I got so discouraged when only Sunny replied to my painting. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
    IP

Dawn,

I came back to look at your horse. And I realized that I didn't tell you why or what exactly I liked . . other than the subject.

Heh, I get forgetful . . . and it is NOT old age I get busy . . yeah that's the ticket [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] and then I forget. I happen to be one of those frustrating people who if you give two commands to, I only recall the first one ... the other half of the command gets truncated as if my memory buffer isn't sufficiently large [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .
    1. Ok I love the way the colors work well with each other. -- meaning, that particular shade you chose for your horsey's background works well with her coloring. A golden or brownish background would not have had the same effect. So I consider that very nice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    2. I also love the way you used your brush stroke to give your horsey's right ear (it is on my left though) contour.
    3. that whole right side of HER face (our left) is very well done. You sucessfully used the brush stokes there also to define the contours of her jawbone and muzzle.
    4. the mane, very nicely done. I do have a question, on this hair, since the color is predominantly white, did you start with a white mane and then add the grey and black for the details? I ask because I'm remembering your answer to Sunny on your own portrait. . but there the hair was predominantly dark. and did you use an airbrush tool on the mane?
    5. the reins. I like that you had them taut. There is a very subtle implication from the pose of her head and the tautness of the reins, that perhaps she wanted to be somewhere else instead of posing for you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] It's darling. and it implies motion to me. . instead of your horse standing still and staring at you waiting to be brushed.
    6. her chest. umm I guess that's what you call it ... I really don't remember my horse anatomy. this is really fantastic. here the brush strokes on my screen are invisible and it is just your use of the color of her coat and the highlights and shadows to contour that shape. Just fantastic. I'm not sure I need to know what tool you used there to get that quality of smooth coat. . . I just love admiring how well this image was done
    7. there that is better I gave you specifics [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I know I like specifics whether I've done something right or wrong, I like specifics. All of those together combine to make a very attractive image. Of course it looks like you started with a beautiful subject [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you again for posting this beautiful image.

Athena

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    PS i had this all ready to go when the infopop database had a hiccough. So thank goodnesss for cut and paste [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

Athena,
    Thanks again for your very observant eye. Yes, she was in motion for this photo. My niece was backing her up, hence the taut rein and arch of neck.
    Her mane, I started with black and worked up to the white. And yes, it is call a chest..lol Since she's a quarter horse, she is wide there. And very chesty..hee hee
    I really appreciate your comments Athena and taking the time to come back and finish another post too.
    The brushes were so varied, I can't remember them all, I also use the dodge tool for added brightness of the mane. Again, thank you Athena for the compliments.
    IP