Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Upload always times out

Need help please:

I have the publish on upload only new files, but yet it uploads all the site. Then it times out halfway through. Can you help please?

Default Re: Upload always times out

Can you publish to a folder on your desktop and then use Filezilla (or any FTP program) to transfer the files to your web host?

And have you had this problem before with other sites?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Can you publish to a folder on your desktop and then use Filezilla (or any FTP program) to transfer the files to your web host?

And have you had this problem before with other sites?

I had to use Fire FTP to upload to server but that is the long way to go. Yes this is the only site that gives me trouble

How large is the site (how many pages)?

187 MB (196,349,883 bytes) 8 pages

Sheesh, that's huge! Have you optimized your photos? (Utilities > Optimize all JPEGs...)

It's probably the music. I have a lot of music on his site. http://www.normankerner.com

Ah. Well if FTP is working, then you might have to go that direction for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ah. Well if FTP is working, then you might have to go that direction for this site.

It's strange that it just started to do this latelt though. I never had a problem before.

Have you added more music files lately? What type of internet connection do you have? What is your data rate? Does your internet connection use different upload through put than your download through put? Many modern connections have a much lower upload speed than download speed.

The Music page is where 99.6% of the site's data content resides. If that is the only updated page to be uploaded it will require a very long time to transfer the 178523311 Bytes for that one page and audio files.

I would recommend trying to split all those audio files into different catagories so they can be assigned to different pages. If different catagories does not work you may try splitting them into chronological order or maybe alphabetically by title. Use what ever means necessary to have small byte counts per page of music.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update