Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Question: How to create a rectangle with only 2 rounded corners?

Hi guys,

I would like to create a rectangle with only 2 rounded corners. The other 2 corners I would like to leave 90 degrees.

How would you do this in Xara?

Thanks for your tips
    Mike

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Question: How to create a rectangle with only 2 rounded corners?

Ah the rounded rectangle question

There are a few ways to do this, my favourite way is to draw the rectangle to the size you need and round the corners to the radius you need, then clone the rectangle (Ctrl+K) this will place a copy directly on top. select the top rectangle and remove the rounded corners. pull one side of the top rectangle in to expose the rounded corners underneath. Select both rectangles and Ctrl +1 will add shapes and combine them into a single shape.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

YEAH! Thanks for the tip - it works great! :-)

It would be better to work it out as CorelDRAW did it.