Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11
    will be available in late July
    for Windows and Macintosh.

http://www3.corel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi...id=CC1ZZ97CD11
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powerful_11.gif 
Views:	558 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	19324  
    IP

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 11
    will be available in late July
    for Windows and Macintosh.

http://www3.corel.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi...id=CC1ZZ97CD11
    IP

This announcement has been met with mixed feelings in Corel newsgroups. Those who had trouble with 10 are likely to wait a while and see how it performs before spending any more $$$ to be beta testers.
    IP

What's the old expression: "First time shame on you; second time shame on me..."

I paid the ludicrous $249 to upgrade from CD9 to CD10 and then had to wait a year to get a reasonably stable version for what is essentially CD9 with rearranged menus and a small tweak here and there.

I see Corel is pulling the same scam again. Add a couple of features and charge thru the nose (and of course, put it in a pretty box).

Adobe charges $149 or $100 less than Corel for upgrades to their topnotch products and that really do make a productive and creative difference. Hence Adobe's well deserved and continued dominance. Designers and engineers come first. Not accountants.

It seems the new owners at Corel are of the Enron/Anderson variety: "Let them eat cake" scam artists!

PS. I see that the once dominant companion piece, WordPerfect similarly suffers from creative stagnation.

Ugh!
    IP

Carygee

Whilst I can appreciate the sentiments, been there, bought an upgrade, regretted it.

When making a statement please try to compare like with like.

CorelDRAW suite contains three major applications, Vector, Bitmap editing, and Vector animation.

Whilst other companies charge, for example $149 to upgrade each component, the quoted $249 upgrades all three components, which provides better value?

Also, over the 11 or so years I have been using the Corel suite, I have never seen the upgrade retail for the initial quoted price, there is usually some discounting.

Regarding Corel, I long ago made a decision not to by an upgrade to the Draw suite with out taking in reports I could trust. I voted with my wallet. That attitude still holds true today.

But the fact remains that without a doubt for the type of work I do, Corel applications make me more productive, and provide me with almost all the tools I need to get the job done.

I have looked at other software houses and even choosing the best from each of them have yet to find anything to compare to the power of Corel applications with their integration and advanced automation facilities and ability to handle almost every type of graphic format I come across.

It is for this reason that I continue to use / support Corel products and don't see me changing anytime soon.

I hold out great hope for the future. With 'Deep White' I firmly believe that Corel are going to 'build a better mouse trap' across there entire product range.

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

Thank you Peter!

You have stated succinctly and precisely my own thoughts and feelings in this matter.

As the old saying goes, "Nothing is as constanct as change." In computer technology the changes come so fast we often have trouble dealing with them. But on the other hand, if we were still using computers and software of 5 or 10 years ago, we would have stability but at a great cost of speed and production. Waiting almost a year for SP2 was frustrating, but in reality methinks we are a tad spoiled.
    IP