Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting a Facebook widget

I've tried many times to get the facebook widgets included with Web Designer MX to work on my websites, but no luck! Anyone know how to get a "Like" button or "Activity Stream" from a facebook page to display on a website?

Default Re: Inserting a Facebook widget

I've been doing this for a long time, and it works, but extreamly inconvenient, comparing with wanted way. I wish it would be working with HTML placeholder, assigned to rectangle, placed in certain part of website, once you've added it, but it seems to be like you should copy and paste code to you htm file manually each time, you make any changes, exporting data. Generate this code helps link below, where you choose the parameters of your "like" button. http://developers.facebook.com/docs/.../plugins/like/
    configure your parameters, watching on example result, and then press "Get code"
    first part you should add after opening <body> tag
    second part you should add before </body> tag
    I did that in this way and it works.
    If someone knows how to do it through html placeholder, attached to object, please, let me know!

See this KB from Xara's support site. The guide is written for the Like button, but you just need to change the size of the rectangle to suit other Facebook plugins you want to insert http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2968

thanks, I've got all 4 "like" buttons I wanted in a way, placing them all on a !FixedTab layer to see them, when site navigates by user! That's what I exactly planned from the very beginning. Thank you, PeteS, with your help I solved all tasks.

Thanks again, worked like a charm! Just wish it was as simple as dragging and dropping....but good enough!