Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a shortcut? . . .

Greetings to all from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Northern Virginia.

Here at the office I'm known as "The Shortcut Dude". I just love quick key stroke work-arounds which make my work move along smoothly and efficiently. I'm always up for discovering and learning new shortcuts.

I'm curious to know if there is a shortcut key combination while in text mode to take me back to the previous tool.

For example: Holding down "Ctrl + Spacebar in CorelDraw will toggle back and forth from your current tool to the previous. It's very handy, especially when your in text mode (F8). I find it cumbersome; mousing back and forth from the tool bar to the canvas. I believe raster based software present the same limitation.

Much appreciated. Thanks for allowing my post.

Pleasant day to all.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

Default Re: Is there a shortcut? . . .

in the pro version of designer there are customisable shortcuts - not absolutely sure if they are there in version 6 which your profile says you have, but if so then utilities menu 'customise key shortcuts' - if you scroll down the list you will find lots of toggle settings, some of which are active by default, all of which you can assign yourself

again not sure if this exists in web designer, but likely some at least should work, even if the customise option is not present

in xara it is not so much toggle to last used tool, as toggle temporaly to a particular tool and then return
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I will certainly look in to this menu. Thank you.
    I'd give my right hand to be ambidextrous!

If you prefer not to modify the shortcuts or do not have Designer Pro the Alt+S shortcut will toggle between the current tool to the selector tool and repeating it will return to the previous tool.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Every tool has a Function key devoted to it and the function keys are guaranteed to do the same thing every time, no matter what tool you're in (unlike most of the letter and number key shortcuts, which are obviously re-used by the text tool).

F2 = Selector
    F3 = Freehand
    F4 = Shape editor
    F5 = Fill tool
    etc, etc...

Phil