Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WD6 A combination website

I had a client who wanted a blog as well as a full photo landing page, at first I thought I would do it in wordpress but then though best to keep the blog separate to keep the site clean. I also didn't want to do an iframe situation as that is not the most elegant of solutions. So I created the site in webdesigner and then created a separate blog page in wordpress and linked both sites together. The site had to be very simple and modern and easy to navigate and quick to load, which I have been told by the client has been achieved so I am very happy with the outcome.

www.halliemakeupandstyling.com
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: A combination website

That is a beautiful site Skech, one thing though in the photo gallery there is a photo of a beautiful model with a cigarette, maybe it is different in other places but here that photo would get a business in trouble. Advertising smoking or cigarettes/cigars is not allowed here and stores here have to keep anything smoking related out of sight. Perhaps more close up photos of the hair and makeup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks again for the comments Francis. The photo in question had me thinking as well, not from a legal point of view as it is not advertising a product but more a moral view but the photos were taken by a professional photographer for the client so I assume they are ok with it. I guess it really is a localised thing.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The laws probably are localised. Here that photo would be considered as glamourizing smoking, our laws are pretty strict you can't go into a public place, not even a bar, and light up. On a personal level I hate anything to do with smoking but that's just me.

I like the repeating background it gives the site a nice touch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

In terms of smoking the laws are the same here, no smoking in pubs or clubs, public transport etc, and to be honest I prefer that.

I don't view the photo as glamorizing smoking nor should it get any business in trouble. If there was a potential client of hers that would take issue and not use her services, I imagine that's the type of client she wouldn't want anyway. I wouldn't. Life is too short for putting up with such issues.

Nice site, skech. I like the landing page concept and execution. Some landing pages are not as well done, too busy, use flash, etc. That one is simplicity at its best.

Take care, Mike

Thank you for the comments Mike, the landing page was the clients idea and at first I didn't think it would work because it would have been quite complicated in terms of graphics etc so we went with just the photo and the logo in white, I think it gives it a really nice vintage look and I am happy that it came out surprisingly well.

The site style suits the knocked back colour 70's type pictures for the landing and home page and I like the background pattern.

Thanks Arpeggio, the client wanted a vintage look to the site reminiscent of the 1950s and if you look at the photos they are very film noir, it is a trend which started a year or so ago and seems to be getting stronger.

This is a classy site. Absolutely loved the landing page. I'm not a fashionable person at all [I'm about as fashionable as a pair of boardshorts] but my wife is the opposite - and even I was interested to go through the site and not bounce off it. For me, the only potential issue is the loading time of the pages and I wonder if others found the pages relatively slow to load?