Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Belles

Default Re: Wedding Belles

very simple.. and impressing btw.. it really gives a wedding mode

the banner is all black for me in FF 14.0.1
    had to open up IE to see that there shd be a banner in there

possibly something to do with FF extensions, but there is definitely a problem
    i thought it might be adblock plus so i switched it off but still it shows a black area

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inspireweddingflowers.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	91698
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I have checked it on firefox 14.0.1 and it is perfect for me, as you say possible an extension you may have installed. Tried it on all the pcs in the office and on my laptop, all are ok. I contacted snacktools (with which I created the banner) and they tested it to be ok as well. Just one of those things I suppose.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

yeah, these things are often the results of imperfect extensions
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

The wedding site you created is fabulous! I already posted this in one of Skech's posts, but am going to ask here as well. I absolutely low how you and he manage to create a background that fits in with the website itself (stretching it across the whole width of the screen). I would like to know how that is done but I can't find what I'm looking for in the help section. Can you assist? Is it something somewhat simple to do?

Michelle

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Michelle, I believe that Skech is using the long thin bar method (at least that's what I call it) where he takes a long thin rectangle that is at least as tall or even a little taller than the page and applies the colours to it. Then a bitmap copy is made (or if you are using one of the web designer programs you need to export and and reimport the bitmap) and you simply set the bitmap as your background. I recall a video that showed this process nicely, I'm sure if you ask in the Xara Web Design Forum that some one there will be able to help you find a link to that video, and/or answer any further questions you have about this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Excellent job!

Quote Originally Posted by MLong View Post
    The wedding site you created is fabulous! I already posted this in one of Skech's posts, but am going to ask here as well. I absolutely low how you and he manage to create a background that fits in with the website itself (stretching it across the whole width of the screen). I would like to know how that is done but I can't find what I'm looking for in the help section. Can you assist? Is it something somewhat simple to do?

Michelle
    Thank you Angelize. I will check out that forum and see what I can find. I've been looking in my manual and I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I think that I would like to create a graphic background for my website. I haven't completely decided what I want yet, but, I first need to figure out how to create a background that blends with the actual page. He seems to be able to do that nicely.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi Michelle, I believe that Skech is using the long thin bar method (at least that's what I call it) where he takes a long thin rectangle that is at least as tall or even a little taller than the page and applies the colours to it. Then a bitmap copy is made (or if you are using one of the web designer programs you need to export and and reimport the bitmap) and you simply set the bitmap as your background. I recall a video that showed this process nicely, I'm sure if you ask in the Xara Web Design Forum that some one there will be able to help you find a link to that video, and/or answer any further questions you have about this
    Thanks Angelize. I will check out that forum. I think I want to create smome type of graphic background however, I haven't quite made up my mind what I want yet. Skech seems to beable to blend his backgrounds with his pages very nicely and I would like to incorporate something that will do the same. I just can't seem to find what I want in my manual.

[Edit: Sorry Frances, I see you've already explained it!]

Sketch uses a repeated background image - it is long and thin in this case 35pixels wide by 1400pixels. He has carefully created this image to match the rest of the page design. It is an old trick used commonly by web designers and often mentioned on TG. I'm sure sketch doesn't mind me explaining it.

http://www.inspireweddingflowers.com...tm_files/0.png

A quick google took me to: http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...workbook_2.htm

Paul