Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Belles

Default Wedding Belles

With the weather the way it is at the moment here (I think we're getting a months worth of day per day at the moment) I am getting on with some sites and finished one this week for a client whose business is wedding flowers and chair covers. This one was a nice one in the sense of the full design was left up to me with the exception of the nav bar. I was tempted to go for a fully white site but it has to cater for weddings for all cultures so that is why it has ended up the way it is. Hopefully it is still a clean site.

www.inspireweddingflowers.com
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Wedding Belles

Very beautiful site. I think it is very clean, and the photos are wonderful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Makes me want to get married again. Very attractive and inviting site.

Thanks Francis and Gary, very kind comments as always appreciated from you guys.

A fine balance you have there. I notice the colours for the flash banner pics are always black and white with one other colour taking no more than 30% or so of the banner pic area so it always matches the sites white below and the black that the banner sits on. I once tried a banner with pics that where great on their own but didn't match the site as they had too much going on in them.

Thank you arpeggio, I actually was initially going to go for greyscale images with one or two colours highlighted so for instance on the first photo it would be the green and on one of the chair cover photos it was to be purple. I am really surprised anyone noticed that, you certainly have a great eye for detail.

Thanks. Having tried as a serious ametuer I learn how much goes behind design and that desireable results takes thought and can be hard work.

I'm sure this is something my end as your sites are usually stunning but, with this one, I have a big black space with the main body underneath. I am assuming there is a banner picture or flash in there but it isn't showing up for me. I am using Firefox 13.01 Win 7 64bit. The banner at the top shows ok (menus etc.) and the 'Inspire' logo at the foot of the black space is also there. All other elements appear to be there but I have black space on all pages except the gallery.

I have checked it with all the latest browsers including firefox and it is all good, there is a black background set to full width of the browser and a flash slideshow element there so check your flash is installed ok; I always check my sites using opera, chrome, firefox, safari and internet explorer as well as on an iphone, and ipad and a blackberry mobile and on at least 3 pcs and laptops and no problems so far. The gallery page does not have the flash element.

Hi, no joy I'm afraid. Works great in IE but nothing in Firefox. I also ran another couple of known sites and it works fine but not this one, Perhaps a glitch on my machine.