Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 2 faults/bugs in v8 (were not in v7)

I've discussed these in the Designer thread but 2 things
    1. Arrows do not export to pdf - just as lines
    2. Text returns at top of text box are not recognised in pdf.

Both pdf issues. I'm going back to v7 as these issues are costing me a lot of time

Default Re: 2 faults/bugs in v8 (were not in v7)

[1] I agree that in spite of simple workarounds, this is a backwards step.

[2] I cannot repeat this. I have tried numerous installed fonts and at no time are the hard or soft returns in a text area or text column ignored when exporting to PDF.

and to clarify - I think point 2 is fixed in the update, but the update creates the arrow problem.

OK, so point 2 is invalid then?

Also, interestingly the arrows issue disappears when printing to a virtual PDF printer (I used CutePDF)
    So rather than Ctrl+E and choose PDF in Xara, I used Ctrl+P and chose CutePDF.

i guess so - hard to say for sure as I'm on the initial release. My disk arrived today though - I'm going to install that on a different pc and see what happens

OK, be interested in your findings.
    BTW, is there any reason you haven't been running the upates in the meantime?

when I run the update I lose the ability to create arrows - as per point 1. I have a lot of arrows in my work so to speak so uninstalled and went back to initial release, which has the text return issue. The arrow problem is only in the updated version