Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Site update and new mobile site

Hi Angelize. Your site displays well on my iphone. Contrary to some others, I like your cyan theme on the site. Its quite vivid on my ipad and iphone and looks very nice indeed. Don't forget to change the subdomain on the mobile site. It is still showing as jbwrought-iron-nsw, or something like that.

I think the site is not properly centred (that is, it doesn't fully display a letter here and there) because I made the template 343 px and I think it should be 340 exactly, so anyone using the template may like to take that into consideration, although it is no big deal to tap the screen. Phone users are use to tapping, pinching, zooming out etc and you only have to tap it the one time to then be able to scroll with all text visible and readable.

I am now making mobile sites for all the sites I am making. Apparently they were outmoded about 2 years ago because a lot of software actually has code inbuilt to recognise if a visitor is using a mobile. But a lot of visitors like to see the whole site first and then choose whether to go mobile or not. Hence the return to the old fashioned button (or so my lecturers would have me believe!). Abi

very nice design, great job

Angelize -- just looked at your site -- the image at top-right on the home page, under 'Check out our Graphics Division', is missing on my Acer netbook PC.

Your mobile web pages look OK, on my computer, anyway... don't have a smartphone. Sad how much screen real estate we have to give up, isn't it? I think younger people are going to hardwire the attention span of a hummingbird as they grow up using these things. Like, read your 25 words and move along, kid. And Sledger's http://www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ link is a real help to see how few words you actually have 'above the fold'... before they have to scroll down.

So few words, what with space for buttons big enough to press. Now, you've got a great sense of humor (like the synchronized swimmers joke). How about knocking off the old '60s Max Factor cold-cream ad and doing a 'Press your nose to this screen' button? The makeup ad people knew, back then, that ANYONE'S nose would leave a big oily smudge on a hot summer day on the glossy magazine paper page.

At my end, am experimenting with very small one-or-two words plus image 'Micro SachPlakat' ads... which fit into this mobile web world very, very well... see http://jon404.com/msp.htm ... less is less!
    Last edited by jon404; 27 June 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Jon - Priester? Any relation to me?

!!! Maybe! You have the same last name as the match company that gave artist Lucian Bernhard his first big break in Berlin, 1906, when he won their poster design contest. From AIGA --
    "The Priester Match Company poster is a watershed document of modern graphic design. Its composition is so stark and its colors so startling that it captures the viewer's eye in an instant."

Here's his bio -- http://www.aiga.org/medalist-lucianbernhard/

Can't find anything about the Priester Match Company itself, or about the people who ran it back then. But you know, a lot of folks moved here from Germany both before and after WWI... so... maybe!!!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks everyone. Yes I am aware of the missing image Jon but thanks for reminding me. I'm hoping to have some time to make a few more corrections here and there and and I'll post again when it's republished.

Again if anyone who has had trouble scanning the QR code could let me know and let me know what kind of phone and what reader you are using it would be a great help! Thanks everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.