Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Site update and new mobile site

Jon - Priester? Any relation to me?

!!! Maybe! You have the same last name as the match company that gave artist Lucian Bernhard his first big break in Berlin, 1906, when he won their poster design contest. From AIGA --
    "The Priester Match Company poster is a watershed document of modern graphic design. Its composition is so stark and its colors so startling that it captures the viewer's eye in an instant."

Here's his bio -- http://www.aiga.org/medalist-lucianbernhard/

Can't find anything about the Priester Match Company itself, or about the people who ran it back then. But you know, a lot of folks moved here from Germany both before and after WWI... so... maybe!!!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks everyone. Yes I am aware of the missing image Jon but thanks for reminding me. I'm hoping to have some time to make a few more corrections here and there and and I'll post again when it's republished.

Again if anyone who has had trouble scanning the QR code could let me know and let me know what kind of phone and what reader you are using it would be a great help! Thanks everyone!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.