Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 7 Premium - Help with photo animation transitions please

Hi and I hope this makes sense.

I'm using Web Designer 7 Premium......

I have made photo 'animation' (using 'File', 'New', 'Animation') which are basically just 5 images which are displayed in rotation without the reader having to press anything.

Is there any way of making the transition from one picture to another smoother rather than immediate, maybe by one picture fading out and the next one fading in or even better sliding in from the side. I've tried the photo widgets but they are not quite what I want as they need the reader to click and are not resizable.

I want to do somthing similar to the pictures on this one http://www.jayarmstrong.co.uk/

I've looked on the forum and found some instructions which seem to relate to setting frames to -50% transparency etc but I don't seem to have the option to set transparency. It's probably just me not understanding animations/flash/gifs etc though

Any help very much appreciated as it's starting to drive me mad now. If it's not possible to do in Web Designer 7 Premium is there any other xara add-ons/sortware packages that I could buy which do it.

Amber

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium - Help with photo animation transitions please

why don't you set a timer for your pictures that would be better, then they could move in which ever way you want them to, just open up the setting and then start by doing so, timing your pictures

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium - Help with photo animation transitions please

Hoya

Thanks for your help but I don't know what you mean.

Are those settings done via individual pictures within my actual website or do I have to group or overlay them somehow? Or is it via the 'new animation' screen and I save it as a gif or something ?

I've looked at both but can't find the settings you refer too. The only one I could find was under photo settings on my website which said 'start slide show automatically' but it said all pictures on my webs site would default to that so I didn't try it as don't want to mess it all up as all pages have pictures.

Life is never simple when I haven't got a clue what I am doing but know what I mean and want... although I am probably asking it completely wrong and using the wrong terminology...

Amber

Hi Amber,

In all Xara animation documents, movement is created by naming the object then copying the frame (to make a new frame) and moving the object to the final point.
    Xara then creates the frames in between (known as 'tweening')
    It takes some practice and (in my case) mental clarity to not get thoroughly confused with complex animations.