Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Site uploaded after many days

I have had all sorts of problems with this site and all of them stemming from the hosting company, it actually took 3 days (and many late hours thinking the error lay with me) to get this uploaded due to some unexplained error on the hosting companies server. It got so bad that my ip was blacklisted by the hosting company because I tried so many times to upload with out success. Anyway I did this site last week but it is now up and running. I created the site for a security company so the design is based around the type of business. The client wanted a full photo background landing page and I think it does actually work quite well (a lot of clients seem to be asking for these).

www.royalsecurityuk.com

Please have a look at the site and let me know what you think. As always thanks for looking.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Site uploaded after many days

Maybe it had to go through security first.

Nice effective design sketch.

Excellent style as always skech. Not sure i'm totally smitten with the logo and name of the Company but I imagine that is out of Your hands.

Again, the colours and style are top class imo.
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Great site Skech, a job well done
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, appreciated as always.

looks great but i recommend click anywhere to enter the website on the welcome page..

Hi skech, I am sure you are totally savvy already, but after my own painful experiences, the main image you have used is a Getty image and they are suing thousands of domain owners for unpaid royalties. Just an FYI to anyone on these forums.

Been doing this for the last 20 or so years, we have many image cds and dvds purchased from places like getty and subscriptions to various stock libraries, also images supplied by the client are used all the time, our terms and conditions has a section on copyright and clients are made aware that they must have copyright.

But you are right to be cautious. A while back (5 or 6 years ago) we created an advert for a beautician and she supplied us an image via email, we replied to the email and got her to clarify that she held the copyright or contacted the owner - we do this and always have terms and conditions signed regarding copyright. a month or so later she phoned us up to say that she had been contacted by the image owner (another beautician) who had contacted her via solicitors and she told us that she had passed on our details (obviously thinking she could pass the buck and put the blame on us) we duly contacted the solicitor with a copy of the email from the client and a signed order form with terms and conditions. They replied back to apologise and took it further with the customer, we never heard back from her after that.

I for one am glad that they are doing this, it's about time some one did, after all if we have to pay thousands of pounds every year to these guys why should the copy and paste brigade get away with it. We have even passed on details of printers who have reused our images for a customer; as an example a client had some printing done from us and then we found that they had used the same design for an advert in a local magazine, as you can imagine we were not happy bunnies, so we contacted shutterstock to tell them and left it at that.

I got a question sketch. the background picture of the 2 security guys on the startpage is completly in the middle. When i want an image to be my background, I first need to cut a vertical stroke from the left side and paste it on the right side next to the image to make the whole image centered in browsers. How do you center it without cutting and editing? because its a lot of work

The best way to do this is:

Create your image/photo and save as a jpeg and name it 'back' make sure that the size of this jpeg is no more than 100k
    create a rectangle and go to web properties and in links link it to file and select the jpeg you created earlier
    create a placeholder (rectangle) and paste the following code into the <head> section, if you have webdesigner 6 or earlier name the rectangle <head> if you have 7 or mx then place in head section changing the url to your domain - change the green text only.

<style type="text/css">
    html {
    background: url(http://www.yoursite.com/index_htm_files/back.jpg) no-repeat center center
    fixed;
    -webkit-background-size: cover;
    -moz-background-size: cover;
    -o-background-size: cover;
    background-size: cover;
    background-color:#0C0E0D;
    }
    </style>
    <style>
    #xr_xr {
    margin-top: 30px;
    }
    </style>

When you upload the site to the server xara will automatically upload the image named back.jpg to the index_htm_files folder.

This will automatically center the image.