Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: White flashing between pages in my Web Designer site?

O.k Mike,

It looks like its going to flash whatever i have on my page so im anxious to spend
    time designing for the site when its going to the same.

I think i'll get someone to test it out in dreamweaver and go from there.

Appreciations again.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    I don't think so. I have run into this issue using Dreamweaver, Expression Web, etc. In most cases, the oddities involve IE.

If this is still true even with the quick site:

Then what you are experiencing is the ongoing saga with IE. It really does things a bit differently. This is why developers have long disliked IE. The best you can do is what has been suggested: optimize the images. They really are way larger than they should be.

While you will loose the rounded corners of the background image, I would opt to use a tiled image. Another option is to slightly redesign it at full height, but at say 20 px wide and opt to repeat it horizontally. That is one means of maintaining the gradient.

Take care, Mike

You don't need to test it in DW. And importing the site into DW or EW would not necessarily be "pretty" due to the fixed positioning nature of WYSIWYG editors. Sometimes they come in fine. I can load it here into EW and upload to me server if you would like. But it won't fix anything concerning the background image flashing in IE.

Take care, Mike

Actually, I see you have altered the background image. In testing with IE, after a few loads of various pages, IE has decided to cache the image and javascript and seems to mitigate or eliminate the flashing of the background image.

Take care, Mike

Still flashes for me Mike,

Like i said it flashes when i just use a basic color webpage,no images.

I really dont know what to do.

Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Actually, I see you have altered the background image. In testing with IE, after a few loads of various pages, IE has decided to cache the image and javascript and seems to mitigate or eliminate the flashing of the background image.

Take care, Mike

I'm not getting any flashing of any sort and the shifts when clicking the buttons yesterday have gone away.

The tiled background image must be helping.

Personally, I think the header area is too busy and needs some organizing. All the objects up there are of equal importance. I don't know what to look at first. There are 7 distinct objects, 8 if you count the photo. If I were designing the site, I would move the contact e-mail and phone numbers to the empty band above the buttons, make the text for Amphitheater larger and more important, and Events and Installations smaller as well as the Audio Visual Company. This is something you can cover in your home page text and add to your page and site Titles.

I'm getting the same with this site www.mosaicco.com.au.
    Mostly in IE, but Chrome does it intermittently