Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default push pull feature DPX

I have 17 objects (different distances from the page bottom) as a footer on each page which are repeated on all pages. For the text above i have worked out how to' push it' and i thought i had worked out how to do the push from the footer objects up... all worked fine' but i can only make it work if i soft group them which i realize would export then as a .bmp not what i wanted. Also if i do this the push settings from the footer it does not do not get 'sent' to the other repeated pages i.e. its attributes do not cascade like movement changes do.....am i missing something ? Do i have to set the first page footer push settings for each object individually delete all other footers then use repeat on all pages so the push is included..seems a bit clumsy if this is the way?

Any help for tired old dog would be appreciated

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: push pull feature DPX

Something comes to mind about the futility of teaching an old dog anything.

Footers work like repeat on all pages but only on that specific page.

Not sure about your first question. See Help > Push or Position on Page for help with this.

Hi Scruffy

Could you upload an example .WEB file ?

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    i can only make it work if i soft group them which i realize would export then as a .bmp not what i wanted.
    I guess you mean .PNG (Xara doesn't export web graphics as .bmp)

Scruff' - SOFT GROUPING will not export the soft-grouped objects as one single graphic. This is one of the whole points of SG's over G's.

Hi all

In that case Steve my mistake with the export of SG's I will use the SG to do the pushing as it worked fine.....back to my basket and my bone.

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."