Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where to find it?

A few years back there were some absolutely incredible graphics done by you guys here on talkgraphics but I can't find them any more.

One of the ones I really want to find is the one of the pocket watch where you could zoom in to the lady sitting in a rocking chair. Is it still available anywhere online now? Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Where to find it?

drwyd, I think that is the one but it was used by Xara in a clip to show what could be done with the program - something Xara doesn't seem to do any more or at least I can't find where.

The watch and his microscope were used to show the zoom ability of Xara - you could zoom in on it until you came to a lady in a rocking chair. The one you linked to can't be zoomed in on.

If Xara isn't doing these demos anymore, why not? And is there anywhere one can go now to see an overview clip of what Xara's programs will do instead of the text/graphics ones I find?

Is there anywhere someone new can go to get turorials on using Designer other than the 3 beginner ones Xara has and the individual ones some of you have put up on Utube? They are great but if one doesn't know anything about the program one doesn't know which to use. A list of "start here" and going forward of these clips would be great.

I have been using Xara programs for years now but the new Designer has gotten so complex that I don't have a clue about most of its capitabilities any more and other that trial and error it is hard to even know what to search for in the Utube clips or here on talkgraphics. It is a great program but a little help on the learning curve would be great. (My learning curve any more seems to be never ending.

Tks - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

I'm still on version 6 but they are both still there. Open the designs gallery and in the options, type in watch. It's the first one that showed up and yes, you can zoom in on it only it's a man cranking, not a woman in a rocking chair: you have to go into the layers gallery and hide the removable top layer to find him. Same thing for the microscope only it's a mermaid in a bathtub this time and you don't have to hide anything, just zoom in.
    .............frank

Tks, frank - but as I remember it, this was used by Xara in a clip demoing the program and you didn't need the program to make it work. May be wrong about that, however - it was years ago. - jb

Edit - OK, I found where all the training videos are - can't believe I have missed they all this time! Duh! - jb
    Last edited by jeb; 19 June 2012 at 04:22 PM.
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb, I'm first dipping into Web Designer MX Premium, nothing to talk about yet. And, like you, I've found all sorts of uTube tutorials but not the "how do I do this" variety very often.

Those training videos you say you just found, I'd appreciate the URL.

Dave

possibly here under movies

http://support.xara.com/
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That one is your big discovery? I thought you meant something more hidden away. (Sorry, this last response was meant for Jeb.)