Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default June's Member-Created Seamless Tiling Textures

If you haven't checked out June's Giveaway on XaraXone, here's the link Fantastic & Free User Textures!.

I am exceptionally pleased that the May tutorial spawned such interest in designing seamless image patterns! The diversity is terrific and it was very hard to choose only 12 for the download. Go HERE to see all the textures tg members posted.

Oh, and thanks to PhilM for devising a fiendishly clever seamless tile whose kernel is made up of Live Copies, a feature first introduced in version 7. Scoot over to the Free Stuff section for all the seamless tiles.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 16 June 2012 at 11:46 PM.

Default Re: June's Member-Created Seamless Tiling Textures

'Live Copy' was actually introduced with Designer Pro 7 - so those who haven't upgraded to Designer Pro X can still use Phil's method.

Hey, thanks for correcting me, Steve!

Yep, user of version 7 and 8 can dig in and have some creative fun with Phil's invention.

You can dramatically change his floral design in only a few clicks, and export an entirely new seamless tiling bitmap.

My Best,

Gary

Sorry folks. It is fixed now. You might have to clear your browser cache if you tried before.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

The timing for working on the few tiles I produced couldn't have been better. However, other than a play with the tutorial, I likely wouldn't have been as involved, produced as many as I did, or simply wouldn't have had such fun if it wasn't for the infectious nature of this tutorial. It was slightly addictive, sure. More than that, it was something I could produce quickly and obtain some sense of accomplishment.

When I was making furniture and was highly involved in a long project, I would start up one of my wife's lathes and turn some bowls or even make a pen or two. Why? Because I could take a break from the stress of a long difficult project and make something, start to finish, in 20 minutes or so.

That's why I keep making a tile or two once in a while. So thanks loads, Gary & Barbara.

Take care, Mike

Still need to alter how the leaf edges join. But it works...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by mwenz; 17 June 2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Added file...

Default When something goes awry on Xara Xone...

Members might not realize this, but when you click on my image, wherever it is (usually at the bottom of something I've posted or written) on The Xara Xone, you can email me, as shown in the figure below. This can be a lot faster when the inevitable mistake happens, as it did this month with the link to Phil's AutoTile™.

I don't check into tg hourly or anything, sorry, but I do check my email, and if you write to me about a problem on Xara Xone, you'll get faster answers and keep this thread more tidy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	click to email.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	90320

Deal?

Thanks!

Gary