Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default launched new site - comments welcome

Launched our new site. Comments and suggestions are welcome. We are planning on incorporating a blog into the site, somehow. Really, looking forward to constructive advice/comments. Thank you

Default Re: launched new site - comments welcome

Hard to say. You did not provide a link.

On the other hand, new members are not allowed to post links for their first few posts.

Also, if you used a Xara product to create your site then you have posted in the wrong forum.

I am going to take a chance looking at your Profile, and move this to the Xara Web Design Gallery forum.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello d2namo, welcome to Talkgraphics If you designed your site using Xara software then you are welcome to post a link here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Gary and Angelize thank you for your mind reading capabilities

Yes, link and the right forum is important. I apologize for that. This is my second site. Both were built with a Xara template using Xara Designer Web 7 Pro and Xara Web Designer 7 premium. I believe the first site was started with XD6 and photo & Graphic Designer 6. Through this process I have learned a lot about webdesign in general. Still a long way to go. I am looking forward to any constructive suggestions or comments that will make the site better.

http://www.wirelesstrollingpro.com

In the near Future the plans are:
    To incorporate a blog and shopping cart. I am in process of setting up the cart on the server. But blogs, I haven't looked into blogs just yet. Both technologies I have never used before.

Thank you all in advance

There you go.

The site works fine. It is to the point, easy to navigate, and it is easy to find the information and to order the product. That's exactly what you want a site to do.

Oddly, Troll has a different meaning in a forum.

Very nice job. Neat, attractive, and easy to navigate. Well done.

As far as a blog goes it is pretty simple. Just sign up for a blog on any of the popular free blog sites and then insert it into your site using an iframe. I use BlogSpot for mine( run by Google ). http://www.blogspot.com

Thank you Gary; with positive feedback like that coming from a guru I am very pleased (more like hyped).

With gsthunder's advice and a quick look at a link on blogs in the forums (that I just happened to spot by chance); I now have an idea of how to proceed with blogs. Once started and actual doing there will more than likely be many more questions. The earliest I can start on that project will be later this week or early next week.

Oh, before I forget. I actually found this information interesting:
    I did a search for Trolling and was surprised actually on the history of it. Apparently Scientific American 1895-09-21 (The date posted just before is 1934) had an article about trolling motors. Not sure if that is a date as we would know it or a number for the magazine. Cited from Wikipedia - keyword 'trolling motor'.

keyword 'troll' from How stuff works. They have a good definition in the second paragraph which show the similarities of the common internet usage and fishing usage of the word troll.

Thank you all very much!

Hi,

When I click Home on your site it opens it in a new tab, I am using chrome, maybe just something you can correct? Otherwise, looks very nice!

Thank you very much Wilkus. That tab thing was by design. I will change that though, can see where that would be annoying.