Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Mobile Template

Default Mobile Template

Hi. Since Xara have not got a mobile template in any of the designs I have attached one for anyone to use. It is very very basic, and made on-the-fly for a client, but it does the trick just fine. For newbies who are not sure how to use it, just use it as a page within a website - that is, open this web.file attached and then add your pages to your new site at the size you want them to be but leave this one as it is. It is very long because phone uses want to scroll down and up, not across. The end of each 'page' has buttons with anchor links to navigate around. Name this webpage whatever you want, create a button on the classic website that says mobile site, and then site visitors can choose to either tap and squeeze around on the classic site, or touch your Mobile Button and be taken to an easier way for them to whizz around your website. It takes all the pain out of finding code to put into Xara that recognises when a mobile user visits your site. Its a bit simple and not very high tech, but old fashioned simple stuff still works for me. Cheers, Abi
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Mobile Template

Thank you Abi, very generous of you! I'm sure it will be very handy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Genius. Thanks Abi. It is getting more and more important to be able to have a site that works for mobile devices especially phones.

Question. Your first page is blank. Is that intentional? Linking your buttons to anchors instead of pages is brilliant!

It would be great if you could plug your smart phone into the computer to preview the site on an actual mobile device.

There are a number of sites which can emulate a handset screen and load your site into it for test puposes Gary.

Here's one such site ► http://www.mobilephoneemulator.com/

Showing this thread loaded into the screen of a Samsung GS2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emulator.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	90231

sledger to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Question. Your first page is blank. Is that intentional? .
    Oops. Wasn't aware of that. I have now rectified it but I don't seem to be able to attach the file for some reason. Suggestion - if anyone wants to use the template just delete the index page in the page & layer gallery. The 2nd page contains 3 mobile 'pages'. Hope that makes sense.

I've done that for you Abi. Attached is the modified file with the page file name now index.html

What would happen if you oriented the site to landscape and placed a small note on the home page to view the site in Landscape mode? The visitor could still scroll up and down, only the phone would be sideways to provide a larger format?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for that Gary. Landscape sounds like a good idea. How many px would landscape be? 480 or thereabouts? I will try that tomorrow.Cheers, Abi