Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Visual Slide Show - Works with iOS

Visual Slide Show http://visualslideshow.com/ is a free/paid (free has a link in the lower right corner) that creates non-Flash slide shows. To be fair, there are many non-Flash slide show solutions in Web Designer MX and Designer Pro X, but I wanted one without buttons that I could control the speed, fade, thumbnails or no thumbnails, etc.

I created a slide show for a new site I am creating www.eyetricks3dstereograms.com. The slide show is on the landing page. If you have a mobile with iOS, or iPage, Windows phone (I have not previewed this on an Android device), it works fine.

There is a publish option to open a current document on your desktop (e.g. index.html) and to click to place the slideshow automatically in the HTML file. But this is iffy and did not always work for me.

There is another process which is what I used. It is a little convoluted but it works.

Publish the slide show to a folder on your desktop.

Create a placeholder in Xara the same size as the slide show image.

Open the index.html file that is created in the slide show folder and copy the appropriate HEAD script and paste it into the placeholder Replace with HTML (HEAD) section. Do the same for the appropriate BODY script.

Copy and paste the Data and Engine folders into the folder where you are publishing your Xara website (either a folder on your computer or on the server itself in the same directory as your index.html file and your index_html_files folder.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Visual Slide Show - Works with iOS

I like this one, thanks for sharing the link, and the method you used to implement this in a Xara site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.