Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: June Font Play

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: June (12th) Font Play

Here is another quote. I've tried to create the look of watercolours on an old piece of parchment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wind over the corn.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	90259
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Nice, Frances. That font sure lends itself to that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry, I made good use of the shape builder to do the painting. I'm surprised we aren't seeing more examples of artwork done with this tool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Lovely work Francis, the more I see the use of this new shape tool, the more I will definitely upgrade.

Stygg

Thanks Stygg. It was really easy to do that old paper with the shapebuilder and eraser, the corn took a little longer but was still fairly simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: June Font Play

This passage was taken from a TV series of many years ago, the series was called The Water Margin and two of the heroes were Lin Chung and the two short sword wheeling female Hu-San Niang, it was a great series. The passage was the opener to each episode narrated by Bert Kwok.

Stygg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Liang Shan Po.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	90277  

nicely done Stygg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Steve, Rik and Frances for your comments.

I've changed my mind about this font it isn't 'very nice' it's a beautiful script font (not usually fond of script fonts but this is a keeper).

Lots happening in this thread since I was here last...

Rik: your restaurant menus are super, lovely use of the font and I like the Taj Mahal drawing in the middle.

Frances: the mint tea box is very elegant and works well with the gold look of the font. Great work on the pot too, I like the texture effect you've used there.

Larry: your violin drawing is beautiful, the composition and colours work well. Excellent job.

Gare: Yes it is a very romantic looking font, very nice work and congrats to you and Barbara on your anniversary.

Stygg: Lovely 'Moon River' rendition, the font works well with that.

Cool font play Frances, it is interesting to see what everyone comes up with ... thanks.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!