Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default help with final image

When I finished my first non-tutorial project, it looked great in Xara. But when I opened it as a jpeg or looked at it in the files where I saved it, it's off center and not all of the image is there. How can it be so different than the way it looked when I saved it? How can I correct this?

Thanks
    pslane
    Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 7
    screenshot attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara12.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	89873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara11.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	89872  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: help with final image

The second jpeg you attached here (xara11.jpeg) looks good how did you export that one differently from the first? Where are you opening the jpeg? in Xara? Are there any objects in the drawing that have bounding boxes that extend past the background? or any transparent objects forgotten on the page around the drawing? either of those scenarios will cause extra white space when you export as a jpeg because jpeg format doesnt support transparency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I didn't see anything on the Xara screen except the image that looks good. Even when I saved it in xar, it came out like that when I looked at the thumbnail in the file folder. It must have happend when I made a background, then copy/pasted my flower onto the new background.

Hi coldwetnoz,
    I think Frances hit the nail on the head. You must have had a transparent object that you could not see there also, and selected both when you exported.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes I guess that's what happened. But I did look at my layers and didn't see anything. Played around with the background a bit and I got it right. How can you tell there's a transparent object there? Also, is it always better to make your background canvas on the image canvas? I made one on a separate canvas and copy/pasted it on the original image. I think that's where I messed up. Anyway, I did finish it and it looks halfway good.

Thanks!

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

To check for transparent objects you need to set the view quality slider (on the top bar between the magnet icon and the zoom factor drop down) all the way to the left for outlines and you will see outlines of everything on the page. I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes, it helps and I'll know what to do next time. Thanks.

The view quality slider can be very helpful sometimes and not just to check for transparent objects but also if you need to select a transparent object that can sometimes be the only way.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

one alternative: in selection tool you can use tab key to select objects in turn - and you can note where the boundary handles are for each object including transparent ones, as you go
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

That's alot of good answers. I hope I can find the hidden object next time. Or better yet, don't create a hidden object. Speaking of final images, what do you pros do when you get done with a project before you save? Do you group? I tried conbining shapes and it went weird on me. In other software I use, I have to merge everything at the last. ~Thanks again.