Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I force Facebook to display a certain image in FB posts.

I often post website links (to my Xara made websites) in Facebook comment fields. How can I make sure that Facebook displays the image I want?

Default Re: How can I force Facebook to display a certain image in FB posts.

I don't think you can. Facebook apparently has some kind of algorithm to determine the image it displays when you link to a site.

If you study enough links, a pattern should emerge to indicate what the image is.

In my experience when posting a link to FB it trawls the URL and finds the images which are directly named in the source then provides a selection control to choose which one displays in your Facebook post.

See;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	89847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	89846

This is indeed the case, but I've also experienced facebook subsequently picking a different image at some point later. It's not an exact science.

Thanks all...

JK, I have experienced that too. One time a black background image.