Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using ECWID - eCommerce wigit

Hi,

I'm trying to set up eCommerce using WCWID which is included with the Designs Gallery. It's seems very good but the problem I'm having is that I can't get The drag and drop feature to work - or any other way to access the shopping bag. When I try to add items to the "Shopping Bag" I get a "no can do" symbol "circle with diagonal cross out line". Has anyone set up an account using ECWID that works? If so how did you do it?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can add. It should work with Designer Pro X since it is in the designs gallery.

Default Re: Using ECWID - eCommerce wigit

Have you tried doing this on the ECWID website? I looked at it once some time ago and it seems there are probably a lot more opportunities on their site.

Hi,

Gary I didn't get what you meant in your reply.

But here's what I got back from Ecwid Forum help:

"Ecwid is compatible with any website and many sitebuilder. If it is offered as a main e-commerce choice in Xara, it should definitely be compatible with it. It looks like the problem is not about Ecwid, but about Xara editor itself, which does not allow you to drag one of its widgets in the editor. To resolve this I would recommend to contact Xara support.

You can always use Ecwid widgets without any editor supporting them - just copy the codes of the necessary widgets from the Dashboard page of your Ecwid control panel and paste them into the HTML source of your webpage."

So Gary, does this mean that putting their code in with Web Page Properties, HTML code (Body) should do it? Because that is what I did and no Drag and Drop! so the Ecwid "Shopping Bag" doesn't get a product inserted. Please Gary check with someone at Xara that can confirm if Ecwid really works with XDP.

Thanks a lot!

I have an account at ECWID. I logged into their site, copied the bag script for my account, pasted it into a placeholder rectangle in the Replace with HTML Code (Body) section (for more information see Help > Index > Placeholder Objects)

This is what I was suggesting.

If you have an account (and you need one before you can do anything), log in and go to the Dashboard section. All the scripts you need are right there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ECWID.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	89862  

Try following the steps provided in Xara's Widget Guide for this widget www.xara.com/widgets/v8/e-commerce

John, are you saying the the bag is not visible. If it is not visible then go into the exwid control panel and make sure that in the general tab of settings that you uncheck 'hide bag if empty'. Just put the code into a placeholder (just a rectangle).
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk