Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Font by default

Can anybody tell me how can I change the font to be used as deafault?
    Best regards,
    Charisma
    (48 years, turner from Ukraine)

Can anybody tell me how can I change the font to be used as deafault?
    Best regards,
    Charisma

If you're using the Text tool to create graphical text, it should default to whatever font you used the last time you used the Text tool. If you have a font and font size you like, you can click Add in the Attributes toolbar and add that preset to My Gallery in the EasyPalette. The color, however, will not carry over to be part of the preset. Whenever you want, say, the Chancery font at size 18, you'd just double click its thumbnail. While the Text object is active, you can edit its color in the Attributes toolbar or in the Text Panel.

If you're talking about HTML Text objects, PI8 defaults to Times New Roman at 12 point in black. I have yet to find a way to have it default to a different font, size and color. Instead, you must select font attributes from the HTML Text Entry Box. Usually I just type in the HTML text with the default, then select it all and choose the font I want. Keep in mind, however, that viewers of your web pages will only see the font you selected if it is already on their own computer. It's usually best to pick a standard font like Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, etc. and save the fancier fonts for graphical text created with the Text tool.

Stephanie's PhotoImpact Tutorials
    PhotoImpact 8 and 7 Classes

I meen the HTML text. I use ms san serif as a default font for all my web-pages and Arial for creating of leaflets.

In case for some reason I use the unusual font (aerial), I use a script for loading of the font to the page.

Nevertheless many thanks to you...
    Best regards,
    Charisma

Hello, everyone. Hi to people from Stephanie's PIBB. Things have been relatively quiet there recently and I was exploring Steph's links when I found this one with a lot of familiar names. And you don't have to register first if you just want to look.
    I know this is an old topic. But an idea occured to me while looking at it. Maybe you could create a dummy html text in the font of your choice and save that in the magic pallette? Then you'd just drag it in and edit it whenever and wherever you need it. Just a thought.

haha, yup, that would seem to work just fine indeed... just open a Web>HTML Text Object, choose your fav font and type that font name and drag and drop into Easy Pallete>Object Libraries>My Library, and voila... drag it out onto the canvas, right click and edit text...

Hey Grafiximan, great suggestion...

Though really, when ya think about it, it isn't all that hard to just open a HTML text object, and simply make the font and size choice and type... I mean the Easy pallete way works and all, but... you would still have to go from say the effects library to your new, custom named MY Library within the object library... bla bla... so yea, with these extra moves it's probably six of one, half dozen of another http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

You're probably right. But you could save several preset html text font type/size/color this way, in case you have a particular style set for a site.

I would not worry about formating the font size and color in the HTML document.. that is what CSS is for.. just make yourself some style sheets with the fonts you would like and then apply them to your whole website in one easy <link> tag in your <head> information.

Of course this would be the prefered method to employ should one be using web editing software along with PI http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'd also advise against exclusively using PI for commercial sites without tweaking the codes further with an html editing software, too. Some browsers choke on PI's less than ideal codes.