Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Menu not working in published site

Last year when I created a site (http://www.silvercreekjewelry.biz) everything was working as expected. Tonight I was going to make a change and after publishing the site the menu is no longer working. If I'm on the home page and mouse over the menu I see the URL I should go to in the bottom of the browser but when I click on the button nothing happens. If I enter a specific page address (http://www.silvercreekjewelry.biz/store.htm) I see the page but on this page when I mouse over the menu buttons nothing is displayed in the bottom of the browser.

The menu was created in WD7.

I created the site with WD7 and I just made the change with WD8. I cannot state that the site was working just prior to the change with WD8 but I suspect that it was. Yesterday I talked to the client and he described the change he wanted thus I assume that the site was working.

Any suggestions?
    jgt

Default Re: Menu not working in published site

There's seems to be the default xara.com/link URLs mixed in there as well.

I suggest you delete the navbar from each page except the first and redo the links in WD MX, then 'Repeat on all pages'

sledger - tks - I did as you suggested but it still is not working. In IE if I refresh the page the nav bar will work to take me to another page but to get the nav bar to work again I have to refresh the page. In Chrome and Waterfox nothing on the nav bar works.
    jgt

As a test I created a totally new navbar and it fails to work, e.g. it acts just as the old navbar does.
    jgt

OK now it is working on my laptop but not my desktop...............
    jgt

The non-button section of the navbar is still linked to xara and is interfering with the mouseover parts of all buttons.
    You'll need to remove all those links.

OK I see what you mean by the link to xara. I deleted the link and republished the site but on my desktop I don't see the change but on my laptop I do see the change. I also made a simple text change and I do see this on both systems. OK I'm not confused.......

I just noticed that on my desktop, sometimes when viewing a site and I click on a link it does not work (this is what I'm seeing on the site I created). Thus the issue seems to be something on my system that is not allowing some links to work, e.g. it is not all links.
    Last edited by jgt1942; 27 May 2012 at 05:58 AM. Reason: more info
    jgt

OK I discovered that the "Babylon Translator" extension seems to have created the issue for me. I turned it off in Chrome.
    Disable Google Chrome Addons

So to disable any addon, uninstall it or enable it again you have to open your Google chrome browser and type this in the address bar
    "chrome://extensions/ "
    Once you do this, a page with the list of the chrome extensions that are installed are displayed
    Remove the check mark for any addon to disable it.
    jgt

I still had the issue in Waterfox and the removal of Yontoo resolved the issue.
    I'm still trying to find the solution for IE.
    jgt

OK I found the solution for IE9 - I had to remove (Programs and Features) the Babylon Toolbar on IE. Actually I use Revo Uninstaller to remove all of the Babylon and Yontoo entries. This seems to have resolved all of my browser issues with some links not working. I tested by using the following two sites.
    http://www.avionmetalworks.com/index.htm
    http://www.silvercreekjewelry.biz/gallery.htm
    jgt