Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web social widgets in Pro X a bit iffy

G'day, The web social widgets are not working too well in pro x. One you get just a black dot on the page as the placeholder. When you try to resize it, it disappears. Still there but you can't see it on the page so you can't design around it.

Can you put two social widgets on the same page? I just tried it and only the twitter (wrong size) one showed up online and the facebook didn't.

Is it me that has the bug or X pro? Or the widgets are just anti social? cheers roger

PS I now have worked it out it is me with the bug wrong facebook user name in the code and xara maybe part buggy as the placeholder still disappears or goes transparent. You can have two social networks on the same page?
    Last edited by Tao jones; 26 May 2012 at 02:56 AM.

Default Re: web social widgets in Pro X a bit iffy

Pretty much all of the social networking widgets use remotely executed .js (javascript) which is called into the page on load.
    Due to IE's security restrictions with Windows Vista and now Windows 7, they will not show in preview or render a placeholder image on the local machine (Xara's previws uses the IE engine in compatability mode) They must be uploaded to the host (published) first.
    And yes, you can have more than one on a page.