Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Accidental deletion of site

Whilst editing a sub site which was a bit large, an error message kept appearing - 1508.k.cl.nt. - I couldn't get rid whatever I tried. Web Designer MX. It wouldn't let me shut down and I kept clicking save ! I may have swiped discard as eventually I lost the site.
    Luckily I had recently exported to my document files.
    Trying to import as the help desk, all the nav bar text displays over the side of the page, none of the links work asnd the page is a strange size.
    Any ideas - it's a job that has to be ready for next week. Dreamweaver, I may come back.

Default Re: Accidental deletion of site

Hi RedTel

Go to file >> open recent >> backups

Hopefully not too much work will be lost.

Whilst in Backups click the down arrow next to Date Modified (you won't see the down arrow until you mouse over the button), and it opens a calendar which lets you specify a date for your backups. This saves you looking through pages of backup files and is especially helpful if like me, you forget to name and save your document.

Thanks guys. Should've known this but stress gets to you sometimes. Thanks again.

Now, another problem. Sure you guys can help.
    I've split my site into 5 sites. home, about_us, contact_us, properties, details. There are several pages to each sub site. Each folder has an index page and index.html files.
    I typically link a page in a subsite as domain/properties/page _ name/ on the nav bar.
    The host has given me a public folder /www/ I've loaded the four sub folders closed into this folder and loaded the home folder as open into this folder. I can " see " all the home folder contents and the links work. However no links work to any of the sub folders.
    Help !

Could you post a link to your home page ?

How many pages do you have in your site ? You should be able to get to 30 - 50 pages (depending on the number and size of images) before you need think about splitting it up.

I have 110 pages and about 800 images all at 96 dpi.
    I cant see how the browser can open the folders even with an index file inside. Had this problem before with an images folder and had to open images into the public folder. Is this advice kosha from Xara ?

I have 110 pages and about 800 images all at 96 dpi.
    That's a big one

If the folder contains an index.htm file, or any of the other default file names, then linking to the path should be enough. For example: http://www.yourdomainname.com/folder1/folder2/ would be the same as http://www.yourdomainname.com/folder1/folder2/index.htm

Still playing around with it. I can get the folder to open by giving the nav bar button for the folder a link, then when I'm in the folder I can get the drop down menu to work but I only want the drop down menu of pages to work from any other page on the site. It's a URL problem I think ???