Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 7 and Wordpress

Hi wfcentral,

This sounds like a more efficient tool to use for creating Wordpress sites, so I will definitely take a look at it. I have been so spoiled by the ease with which you can work in Xara, that I have basically dropped all other authoring tools, but I guess it would not hurt to revisit that thought, since a lot of sites these days (in fact MOST sites these days), require some sort of CMS. The client that I am currently working with wants to be able to edit content, so I'll have to check out Artisteer, because like you, I do not like buying Wordpress templates - I would rather be able to control the design myself.

Thank you so much for the introduction to this new tool!

Hi Gary,

This sounds like a good compromise which would allow me to continue to use Xara (which I love because it is so easy and intuitive!) and be able to support CMS backends. I will definitely try this avenue too!

Thank you so much!

Hi speedyp,

It appears that Artisteer might be the tool I need to use rolling forward, because a lot of my work is going to be Wordpress based. While I know a great deal about coding in CSS, it still takes a long time to do so. This is why I was hoping that I could use Xara and still be able to interface with a CMS like Wordpress. While I can still use Xara for the design aspects, it might be more frugal to use Artisteer, so that I don't have to design twice. however, if there is a steep learning curve with Artisteer, then it may be faster for me to continue to use Xara and CSS for Wordpress sites. I guess I will have to give Artisteer a try.

Thank you so much!

Just be aware that Artisteer is a completely differrent kind of design program - it is built on templates. You essentially choose a template then customise it, rather than build a design from scratch.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't expect the design freedom that Xara gives you. Because the templates are already made to suit various CMS, then naturally it's a convenient way to build a website compatible with those systems.

I also use Artisteer only if I need a WordPress site. In Artisteer it's also possible to create a static website but it doesn't even come close to Xara. Xara gives you more freedom to create a static website.

CanDeeh if I were in your shoes I would take so time to learn Wordpress. After a few weeks it becomes a lot easier to use and configure and there is so much available in the way of Tutorials, Vid's and Templates that you can use as a learning method. It takes a bit of time for you to understand the control panel and the way it works and also some people find it hard to get it running on their machine through Xamp or programmes of similar nature and setting up admin. for php.
    Design is thinking made visual.

As someone who runs a business creating websites for clients I come across all sorts of demands from customers and this is what I have learnt

• 90% of clients who say that they need a site they can update themselves do so on very rare occasions, perhaps once a month so I offer them a maintenance package which comes in less (including the site design) at a slightly lower cost then a cms site

• People who want to have a blog have been pointed by us to a microblogging platform such as using a twitter widget to display tweets and the majority have seen that this is the more up to date option if not then we create the site in web designer and then create a separate directory for a wordpress installation (customised as much as possible to blend with the rest of the site) so that they can have a blog (we do this on very rate occasions)

• There is very little that wordpress can do in terms of design which cannot be done in web designer using placeholders for 'flashy' elements

If a client really wants a full cms then we outsource the project to a partner who is an advanced user of wordpress.

You simply cannot expect any one piece of software to do everything, wordpress only works so well because of all the plugins but in terms of ease of use and speed of site creation nothing, and not even artisteer come any where as close as xara web designer.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

It would be nice with admin-page for Xara, for change text and media without touching the layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymer View Post
    It would be nice with admin-page for Xara, for change text and media without touching the layout.
    Hymer, have a look at https://www.xara-online.com/us/creat...signer.87.html, which is provided with the latest Xara web products,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello check these 5 logos and tell me if you can do them for me i will pay $3000 if you can. I know they are complex that's why i want to be sure you can do the job if you do a good job i will give you bonus http://carterbiz28.sytes.net/L
    http://carterbiz28.sytes.net/M http://carterbiz28.sytes.net/N http://carterbiz28.sytes.net/O http://carterbiz28.sytes.net/P
    Email me your portfolio johncarterbiz78@gmail.com