Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Designer Pro X - new Text Tool fly-out menu

no fix in the latest update..

can I just say that I don't do body text in xara

but no matter which way I make drawings - vector raster scan all three whatever - I always do the 'paste-up' and the lettering in xara

and when lettering speech/text in cartoons kerning in particular is crucial for legibility, especially when the art is going to be reduced in print to a size that is within a given range rather than fixed - tracking often looks too mechanical [edit: especially where you have a mix of font-size/bold/italic], kerning each space is usually far preferable.. and this flyout is dreadful

it would be acceptable if you could toggle it open/closed - it's having it disappear after each operation that is the pita for me...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think this is a backward step too.
    +1 for putting back all the text options in a single bar

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

it would be acceptable if you could toggle it open/closed - it's having it disappear after each operation that is the pita for me...
    I like this idea, as well as kerning I use the baseline shift a lot when doing ad layouts with prices
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

+1

Maybe put the bullet and indent buttons in a flyout instead?

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by SmartEd View Post
    +1 from me, as already said, pain in the arse and a backward step.
    +1!! All text options including bullet should be available in one spot with no fly out menus whatsoever. It's very time wasting clicking another icon for things that need constant editing. It seems like the idea was to force the user to save these settings into a font style? While this is correct for multiple page documents, it's painful for designing 1 page documents such as flyers.
    Last edited by Nostaw; 01 June 2012 at 09:04 PM.

++1

Can't say that I use it all the time, but I also miss this controls on the default control bar.

One solution would be for Xara to make all of the buttons available on the Infobar (for any tool) available as single buttons (not grouped flyouts) on the Control Bars / Button Palette so users could create their own custom button bars with these.

+1 for this eminently sensible suggestion.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenWWinters View Post
    One solution would be for Xara to make all of the buttons available on the Infobar (for any tool) available as single buttons (not grouped flyouts) on the Control Bars / Button Palette so users could create their own custom button bars with these.
    whilst I can see the argument, it is quite possible that infobar button coding is integral to their tool coding - true some, eg 'reverse path', 'scale line width' and 'lock aspect ratio' whose actions persist would be useful to have globally but I'm thinking that this may involve a heck of a lot of work programming-wise and be fraught with potential bug-inducing situations...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...