Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default xara.com webpages created using XARA?

I am curious, this morning while browsing the xara website, specifically this page

http://www.xara.com/us/products/designer/whatsnew/

I got to wondering, are the xara.com webpages done entirely using XARA? This page above displays movies nicely, the anchor tags also work smoothly, and in general it seems to be an impressive display of web technology. So was this page itself actually completed entirely in XARA?

Thanks, James
    Last edited by sunhome; 21 May 2012 at 05:55 PM.

Default Re: xara.com webpages created using XARA?

No, the people who create the xara.com sites do not use Xara Web Designer.

You can see samples of Web Designer sites by Xara here: http://webdesigner.xara.com/ and one by Charle Moir himself here http://charlesmoir.com/

James

My guess is the graphics were created in Xara. But the site itself is not. If you look at the Page Source code there is no mention of Xara which is usually neat the top of the code.

While you can certainly create comparable images in Designer Pro, those on the Xara.com appear not to have been created and exported by Designer Pro software.
    If you look at the jpg header of an exported Xara Designer jpg image (in notepad) you will see 'Xara Designer Pro'.. None of the graphics on the Xara home page that I've checked show any mention of Xara.
    I'd not be at all surprised if Xara's site is created and managed by a professional dedicated outside firm.

never knew that, but then I don't use jpg much

the attached was created and exported from Designer Pro X but I dont see any reference to the program in the header in notepad, but then I'm maybe not looking in the right place, perhaps you could point me in the right direction?
    thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outp.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	89677  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Sorry, I should have said 'rasters' exported as JPG, not vectors saved out as jpg.

ok thanks Steve

I notice if I load the jpg export into PS and then save it the xara reference is replaced
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Still and all, this reminds me of back in the 80s when my wife was doing computer illustration and working in CorelDRAW.

She got a large project with Intel to create 200 illustrations for a manual they were producing.

Intel's in-house design department were all on Macs and had problems with Corel's EPS files. They said this was the last time they would work with CorelDRAW files!

Mary was so furious at the end of the project that she said, if Intel will not support their own platform, then why the hell should I? And she bought a Mac and learned to create in Illustrator.

There is a lesson here for Xara. Don't you agree?

And Macs use Intel processors in recent years

Gary, funny you should mention Corel and Intel. I recently rediscovered this I did back in 2001 for a process diagram. One of the last isometrics I did using CorelDRAW. Soon after I decided I needed to learn a 3D program.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	89697