Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

In the 'April in the Xone' topic in the Xara X forum, Ross Macintosh wrote...I was pleased to see Xara Ltd.'s Mark Goodall posting images in another thread. What was significant about that to me was that it proved that Xara Ltd. actually use the program too. Over the years I had wondered if their interests were only in its programming. Just to prove that MarkG is not the only person at Xara that can draw, I though I would post some of my pictures (and try and persuade everyone else here to post some of their own creations).

Jonathan Payne
    (Xara Programmer / C++ geek)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jon.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	3971  

In the 'April in the Xone' topic in the Xara X forum, Ross Macintosh wrote...I was pleased to see Xara Ltd.'s Mark Goodall posting images in another thread. What was significant about that to me was that it proved that Xara Ltd. actually use the program too. Over the years I had wondered if their interests were only in its programming. Just to prove that MarkG is not the only person at Xara that can draw, I though I would post some of my pictures (and try and persuade everyone else here to post some of their own creations).

Jonathan Payne
    (Xara Programmer / C++ geek)

...and here is the .xar file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential copyright infringements aside, here's my contribution....

Matt Priestley
    (Xara Programmer / Less of a C++ Geek than Jon)

Name:	toons.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	18622  

Good idea, Jon my fellow geek.

BTW your pic is very impressionistic - that bloke in the top-left is freakier than "The Scream". Well done.

Name:	PC.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	12883  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I for one am very pleased to see you guys contributing some stuff. Nice to see you have fun with your creation - not all work!

Jonathan - Could you post your stepping cubes as a separate image. It looks particularly interesting.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Ross, Thanks for the complement. The colour cube thing was just the result of playing with blends a little. If you want have a closer look, I have posted the full .xar file just below the image. Jonathan

I am a newbie to XaraX and as much as I hate the learning curve I must admit that what others can produce with this program is really impressive to me, and I just want to tip my hat to the programmers, as much as I hate the learning curve

Jonathan

You programmer guys like to work big!

Your color cube is interesting to one who has constructed many a color wheel.

Mixing the RGB primaries creates the CMY primaries. Then you mix down to black, 0 value and 0 saturation.

However, where in your cube do you represent 100% value and 0% saturation, i.e. white?

Matt and Andy-- Cool image too. If the copyright police drop in we'll plead ignorance :-)

(Which my wife informs me is no excuse)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...