Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default DPX Bug with HTML export

I think there’s some sort of bug with DPX’s HTML export of text lines that use tabs.

Start up DPX with any of the templates (XGA web one, for example). Pick the Text tool. Type something like “testing<tab>testing<tab>testing”. Now press the button to preview the web page. In my case, all three “testing”s run together without any sort of space between them.

I tried creating a text style of that line which seemed to work (by keeping the tabs) and prevewed properly. However, I don’t know how long that would keep working.

I ran into the issue when I did some minor edits and exported a web site that I had done with XDP7. All of the pages containing text lines with tabs had that problem. So I went through and assigned styles and tried again. That fix worked for at least one export cycle but started reverting (at least on some pages- didn't look at all of them) on subsequent re-exports.

Reloading that modified file into XDP7 generated a dialog box about the program skipping and ignoring new data that it didn’t understand but everything exported properly.

Default Re: DPX Bug with HTML export

Yes, this is wrong.
    It works fine in WD MX, but not DPX which isn't creating the <span> for each tab space.

This is probably related to the HTMLBockText bug which I am told is already fixed.

Default Re: DPX Bug with HTML export

Thanks. I remember seeing the HTMLBlockText thread.

I am happy that Xara and the XAR format allowed the file to be loaded into the earlier version and properly exported from there. I'm used to dealing with AutoCAD and the major file format changes that happen every three versions where it's much tougher to go back without data loss...