Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Ideas for the future of the shape builder tool

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    I suggested cluster manipulations to transform selected points of a shape (scale, rotate, alignment of points) around a center that can be freely moved many years ago. There shouldn't be a difference transforming a shape or selected points of a shape. Together with falloff to 'smear' parts of a shape would be very useful. It's never gonna happen
    I would lobe that level of control and also a lasso selection tool. It may well happen as Xara seems to be running out of the other cool features to add :-)

I suggested cluster manipulations to transform selected points of a shape (scale, rotate, alignment of points) around a center that can be freely moved many years ago. (....) Together with falloff to 'smear' parts of a shape would be very useful
    Indeed, this would be very useful.

It's never gonna happen
    Well, you know, some would've said the same about shape and eraser tools not so long ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    (...) and also a lasso selection tool (...)
    This would also be cool, it could work like the selection arrow, pressing Alt to trigger it.

Another idea would be some kind of circular selection tool for points, you could adjust the radius and use it like a brush to select, everything inside being selected.

Marc

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I have been practising with the shapebuilder and eraser tool for painting/drawing as well as the ability to set transparency from the shapebuilder/eraser tool its self as I mentioned earlier it would be very useful to be able to set fills, and to have both fractal fills and transparencies with a profile slider for the shape builder and different types of transparencies for the eraser would be very helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

This new Shape builder tool is wonderful. Thanks Xara I've been waiting a long time for this. It was the only drawing/painting thing I still missed from Photoshop, as it now allows broad (or fine) brush drawing.

One suggestion I have is that the size of the brush could be resized by hitting the + and - keys. I was going to suggest mouse wheel but of course this tool comes into its own with a pen.

Q