Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: May 2012 Tutorial - Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

Thanks very much Gary for the Tile and your time, much appreciated. I have made to quick tiles to see the effect and they look really good so will do some more experimenting later

Thanks alot,
    Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.png 
Views:	116 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	89788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	89789  

Tea for Two and a candy/ice-cream/cupcake/lolly thingy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tea_4_2.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	89790

Name:	candy_cupcake_lolly_icecream.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	89791

Bit worried about how 'cute' some of mine are turning out ...............just to confirm I am a happy married man, I love Rugby and never dress up in my wifes clothes on Weekdays.
    “When everybody thinks alike, Everyone is likely to be wrong”
    http://antonybrook.co.uk/index.htm

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I like the tea time one, it reminds me of Wedgwood Jasperware.

Edit: In fact the jasperware idea inspired this I used the Celebrated Burgeon Ornaments TG font with some bevels to put together this tile. It was a bit fiddly I had to go in with the eraser to make the center where the two large burgeon glyphs overlaped and erase out some of the overlapping bits to make the center look better.

Name:	Beregonjasper.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	89793

Beregonjasper.zip
    Last edited by angelize; 25 May 2012 at 07:57 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

@Frances: Nicely done, and nice to recycle the Burgeon set, eh?

@Antspants: Do not stop what you're doing simply because your patterns aren't all footballs and beer cans! If you're fluent in art styles that appeal to both women and men, then you're twice the creative individual that some profess to be!

This took a lot of time! Mapping out the shapes=90% of the time, using the Rounded Bevel preset took 10%.

Name:	Art-Deco-Pillow-Emboss.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	89806

My Best,
    Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's one that I didn't design to tile vertically; I copped the feeling of it from some of Alphons Mucha's work, Art Nouveau period in France:

Name:	nouvea-tiled.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	89808

Here's the trick: set up your drawing so it tiles. Do 3 across and three from top to bottom if you need to. Then use the Bevel tool on all shapes. Then set up a background shape at the center of the composition, and clip to it. Doing this keeps the Bevel areas continuous as the pattern repeats.

My Best,

Gary

Both of those are really nice, that top one looks like it took a lot of patience as well as time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Well, yes, Frances, it took perseverance, too, because these two are jigsaw puzzle pieces—there is no real "background to the elements.

Which gives me an idea; I'm going to do a seamless tiling jigsaw puzzle!

The more visually muted you make patterns, the more uses you might find for them, I'm discovering.

—Gary

That jigsaw puzzle sounds interesting.

One use for seamless tiles is digital scrapbooking Digi-scrappers call them papers but really they are just seamless tiles. I put together this seamless tile using a quick shape starburst pulled around with the quick shape tool until I got something I liked. I used warm earthy tones and I used my tile as a scrapbooking paper. I used the same quickshape and a plain rectangle with shadowing and some of the same colours from the tile to create a quick layout

Name:	earthnsun.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	202.3 KB 
ID:	89813
    earthnsun.zip

Name:	scrapbooking example.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	89815
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think I'm very close to realizing a jigsaw puzzle seamless pattern, but me, I'm out of steam.
    If anyone else would like to pick up my work and finish it, all power and credit to you!

Name:	puzzled.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	89817

Happy Memorial Day, America!

Lift a glass to those we've lost,

Gary

Microkaleidoscope uses two tagged colors, both at the start of the color line in the document, so you can make this two tone design any two colors you like.

Name:	microkaleidoscope.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	89821

The above is just a composite to show how the two colors can be changed to make a continuous design, just with modulated colors.

My Best,

Gary