Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Default Re: May 2012 Tutorial - Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

Great tutorial, here are my efforts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bubbles.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	89713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dots.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	89712  

Attached Files Attached Files
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Thanks Frances. It is loosely based on the shirt I was wearing yesterday.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

@Bill—

I've never known you to be a Fashion Risk. I learn something new every day!

@xtom—

Beautiful work, nice, large elements, asymmetry is very appealing. I'd like to include this one in a forthcoming Free Stuff on the Xara Xone, if you agree.

My Best,

Gary

Thanks Gare, feel free to include them.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    @stygg...

My mistyping. Try this with...

It looks very nice. Click here to watch "SnakeSkin:The Motion Picture"

Hey, there are a lot of uses for a seamless tile. Stygg's would also make nice panels for a leather-working brochure.

-g-
    That's really good short clip of colours on snake skin, how did you make that? I've tried but can't achieve it.

Stygg
    Last edited by Gare; 23 May 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Oh, that took some doing, Stygg.

I painted your seamless texture onto a model I created with Luxology modo, using Photoshop Extended CS5, although there are $25 porgrams that let you paint along a 3 dimensional topology.

Then I animated it, and added some ambient sounds with the KORG WaveStation plug-in, a very Retro device.

The lesson, were I to teach one, it that there is plenty of different software you can use to build something with a convergence of programs. Your media doesn't have to end up in Xara, nor does other content need to stay in its native file format. Modeling programs, Xara, and image editors can all be used to create a "mixed media" piece.

Xara is my personal artistic "hub", from which other programs reach in and out.

Can I include this tile in the Free Stuff collection I'm trying to put together?

My Best,

Gary

@Everyone: if you post a tile and want to share it, write something like:

As the author of this media, I freely give permission for its use in a collection that is free for download at TalkGraphics. (with your name afterwards).

@xtom—

I took the liberty or working your pattern into a layout.

Hey @everyone: in the spare time you don't have, it might be educational for others to show how you can work your pattern into a design; signage, menus, parts lists, magazine ads...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sode-Shoppe-ice-cream-menu.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	89718

My Best,

Gary

@Bob, regarding your flat's wallpaper—

I like the colours you used, forgetting what your wallpaper inspiration might be.

And don't hesitate to overlap elements! Those circles and paperclippish-looking guys could be overlapped.

My Best,

Gary

By all means please feel free to include the skin tile in the Free stuff collection.
    As the author of this media, I freely give permission for its use in a collection that is free for download at TalkGraphics. Stephen Whittle.

Stygg

Here's an "Auto-Tiler" document using Live Copies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto-tiler example.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	89724
    Auto-Tiler.xar

Phil