Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: May 2012 Tutorial - Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

Larry: Try experimenting with the profile sliders on the fractal plasma fill to reduce the blur and maybe your toppings won't float.

Ok here is a tile from me I feel like playing with greens today (colours not food )so here is a tile from me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenwiggly.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	89599
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Hey Larry--I like the ethereal look of the pepperoni! If this version of your pizza pie is used as a scaled down repeating tile, the look is no longer a pizza (at a small enough size) but I like the look anyway.

Take care, Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pizza_01.png 
Views:	419 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	89604  

@ Frances and Mike: The name's Bob, Larry's the magician, I'm just the sorcerer's apprentice.
    @Frances: I adjusted the plasma profile already, so as to achieve the melted cheese and tomato effect.
    @ Mike: I like your version, as we used to say, it's rather topping.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Sorry Bob I have no idea why I called you Larry My brain is rather scattered today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Heh, heh...and I just looked one post up from mine and followed right along--apologies!

Take care, Mike

I like that mwenz, yep def 60's, I had an old vinyl 45 cover just like that
    Here's my effort, just a simple pattern, wanted to make sure I got the tut. right first now I'll try something more on the lines of the second one you did.

Stygg

Name:	5.png 
Views:	460 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	89615  

@Handrawn—Nice! And subtle! :)

@ Bob—I didn't show anything that involved fractal fills because it's wicked hard to see exactly where and if they terminate...repeat. It depends on how a programmer makes a fractal written to screen; some terminate, some don't.

In any event, here's a workaround: you set the page size for the size you need to tile, and then fill it with the fractal of your choice.

THEN you add a seamless tile object on top of it, to complete an example such as your toppings there.

What I didn't cover, but should have, is that your bitmap copy of the tile can have a transparent background. Do your design, and then if you have a ClipView as I demonstrated, convert it to editable shapes and all the exterior parts will disappear. Then Ctrl+click the background object and delete it.

Then create a bitmap copy with Alpha. Now fill a shape with this new pattern and you can use any background you like behind it.

Attached is a poor example because I wasn't precise and there's a gap in the pattern, but you'll understand the principal better if you just download and examine it.

The offer is open to all: come up with ten excellent tiles you feel like sharing, and I will put them up as the Free Stuff of the Month on Xara Xone. No fortune, Fame is dubious, but I'm trying to negotiate extra Monopoly Contest tokens for you at McDonald's.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

@stygg—

Nice! Please do continue!

Gary

I just had to do a flowery tile

Hey Gary maybe we could do a collaborative tile collection, is that what you meant? You are welcome to use anything I post in this thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daisies.png 
Views:	449 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	89631
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    @stygg—

Nice! Please do continue!

Gary
    Well I know how to make a seamless tile now So I made another tile, nothing fancy, just for testing so to speak. The rectangle this time I gave a no fill and then applied clipview,then created a Bitmap Copy of this, True colour+alpha, placed it on another rectangle, which I'd gave a plasma fill, selected all, applied clip view and obtained the final image. Just for more colour gave the plasma fill an Alt Rainbow. So now can alter both images anytime.

Stygg

Name:	Test pic..png 
Views:	406 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	89635