Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Am I the only one lost on the new offerings? PRO PRO+ Cloud etc???

Trying to figure out if the good old desktop version will still be around or have we now to go with the PRO+ to get it - even if we only ever work at one PC and don't need all the cloud features??

Signed confused!!

Default Re: Am I the only one lost on the new offerings? PRO PRO+ Cloud etc???

magix will still provide the desktop version

you can go with the xara pro + if you want the fast track updates at the cost of having to update to retain
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It's a bit like Golden Handcuffs, but then again, on further reflection, perhaps not.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Info Re: Am I the only one lost on the new offerings? PRO PRO+ Cloud etc???

You can only get Xara Designer Pro+ through subscription to Xara Cloud.

Vanilla Xara designer Pro is an arrangemment of Xara with Magix and purchase is still through Magix or renewal with the Update Service.

I have advised elsewhere that the 50% discount Xara was offering for Pro+ balanced out the Magix Update Service for a year.
    After which, you decide which route to follow.
    Matt Bolton may advise if the discount is still available. See LATEST.

I switched to Pro+ early and have not regretted it.
    The use of Xara Cloud+ does take time to click in but I have already recouped my outlay with my last two clients.
    It is currently on v20.3 as of 03 September so updates are far quicker than the Magix offering.
    Also there is no Magix involvement whatsoever.

It depends how you view yourself: hobbyist or web designer. For a hobby, I would normally recommend Xara Web Designer Premium.
    If you felt that was limiting and you elected for XDPX then you are a designer and XDPX+ is probably your better route.

Things to note:
    • Keep you Magix version(s) installed; they are ideal as a fallback and quick to re-activate.
    • It only applies to XDPX, there is no Web Designer Premium or other derivative products.
    • Trial first.
    • Chase a discount even ask to transfer across remaining XDPX Update service as a credit. LATEST: Matt Bolton is now offering a lifetime 50% discount; the code is LIFETIME.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 08 September 2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for all the help.

So for myself, who only works from my desktop, what is the benifit of Pro+ ? I use it for my business - but don't design for others just myself.

If I read correctly Pro+ actual drops some legacy features. So while you get the desktop version - this means swapping between two tools at times??

My Update service is until 18th Jan 2021 - but last update was Mar 21st this year. When they say "This gives us the ability to rapidly deploy updates, new features, and bug fixes to you more quickly and consistently." Surely if I'm paying for updates I should get updates quckly and consistently and should not be held back becase Magic is the seller!!??

Or are there no new updates to XDPx only Pro+ - in which case I feel like this is unfair.

Note sure what you mean by "Chase a discount even ask to transfer across remaining XDPX Update service as a credit." how's can that be managed if the update is with Magix?

there are now two channels - - ie two ways in which you can purchase 'the same' program

the pro+ is the fast channel for updates, but if youi stop subscribing you lose it which is the price you pay for the fast track

the magix channel will update but not as fast, and currently it is not updating at all worth speaking about

past experience would say take everything that is said by the company with a couple of large sacks of salt

to be fair they have released quite a bit for pro+, but as threads here show, there are issues, they are still relying on user 'feedback' to fix them - ie they are using us as beta testers, just like they always did

I would stick with what you have for now ... unless you think committing to paying every year is worth it, only a decision you can make

[you can always trial the pro+]
    Nothing lasts forever...

just to add - the pro+ is supplied directly by xara, magix have no involvement in this at all

this means swapping between two tools at times
    well, sometimes I go back to previous versions to use a feature that has been depricated or 'improved' in a way I don't like - this is a fact of life, things progress not always the way you might wish
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for that.