Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: May 2012 Tutorial - Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

I like that mwenz, yep def 60's, I had an old vinyl 45 cover just like that
    Here's my effort, just a simple pattern, wanted to make sure I got the tut. right first now I'll try something more on the lines of the second one you did.

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	507 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	89615  

@stygg—

Nice! Please do continue!

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I just had to do a flowery tile

Hey Gary maybe we could do a collaborative tile collection, is that what you meant? You are welcome to use anything I post in this thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daisies.png 
Views:	491 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	89631
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    @stygg—

Nice! Please do continue!

Gary
    Well I know how to make a seamless tile now So I made another tile, nothing fancy, just for testing so to speak. The rectangle this time I gave a no fill and then applied clipview,then created a Bitmap Copy of this, True colour+alpha, placed it on another rectangle, which I'd gave a plasma fill, selected all, applied clip view and obtained the final image. Just for more colour gave the plasma fill an Alt Rainbow. So now can alter both images anytime.

Stygg

Name:	Test pic..png 
Views:	443 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	89635  

Default Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

I'm seeing a lot of positive effort on this thread.

By the way, because the final tile is going to be a bitmap, you can, in fact, use masked bitmaps as repeating elements.

I already had two bitmaps trimmed, from years ago in Photoshop, but I use Xara practically daily to make refined, accurate image masks. You nudge imported photos exactly as you do vector shapes you draw. Or make a combination of elements.

Name:	shower curtain.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	89637

-g
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Create Seamless Patterns in Xara Designer Pro X

Here is another one from me. I used two plugins for this one, first I added noise to my background with Xara's add noise filter and I used Eye Candy 6 Chrome for the gold spirals.

I found that the noise plugin caused some anti aliasing which resulted in a white seam so to work around that I cloned my noisy background square and resized it big enough to cover everything and sent it to the back then when I created my tile the anti aliasing blended with the background and seam gone

Name:	gold swirls.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	89644
    Last edited by angelize; 20 May 2012 at 11:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Okay, while I am still logged on, I will present my feeble effort.

Name:	Feeling dizzy.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	89645  
    .............frank

Not feeble at all, Seagull, although you're right—it makes me lean a little to the right while looking at it!

Free yourself up a little, seagull. Make the pattern elements different sizes and don't be afraid to nudge some elements off the background. In the tutorial, I wanted to suggest that a pattern doesn't have to look regularly spaced.

Frances just posted a nice one that looks asymmetrical. It's one of many ways to go; have fun, let's see some more from you, and thanks for posting!

My Best,

Gary