Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: regaining tools

Hi, with photo-paint I do not use the default setup, instead I use adobe default (for reasons). Now my Question is that I have lost my tools, in the set up that I use the tool bars are floating, so what happen was I changed my res to 800x600 from 1024x768 using a short cut in the systems tray(bottom right of the status bar)and my tools just disappeared. Thinking that this was no problem I opened up the options and the tools where ticked, I have tried every thing to get them back. I can switch to photo-paint default and the tools are there, so what do I do? reinstore the program? If there is anybody out there that had the same problem and fixed it, it would be great to here from them.

Thanks..
    Shan
    IP

Hi, with photo-paint I do not use the default setup, instead I use adobe default (for reasons). Now my Question is that I have lost my tools, in the set up that I use the tool bars are floating, so what happen was I changed my res to 800x600 from 1024x768 using a short cut in the systems tray(bottom right of the status bar)and my tools just disappeared. Thinking that this was no problem I opened up the options and the tools where ticked, I have tried every thing to get them back. I can switch to photo-paint default and the tools are there, so what do I do? reinstore the program? If there is anybody out there that had the same problem and fixed it, it would be great to here from them.

Thanks..
    Shan
    IP

Corel (like other programs) positions toolbars relative to the upper left corner of the screen. It keeps track of how many pixels a toolbar is from there. When you change monitor resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600, each pixel gets much larger and so the distance in inches goes way up and the toolbar falls off the edge of the screen.

In other words, it's still there, you just can't get at it.

To get it back oncscreen, you need to temporarily go back to 1024x768, move the toolbar near the upper left corner of the screen, and then go back to 800x600.
    IP

If Ziggy advise doesn't work, it is because your workspace is corrupted.

It is a good practice to create a new workspace and name it as you please. In your case bases in the adobe preset. Create a second workspace based in your custom one. It is a backup workspace.

If you run into any problem, you could hold F8 key while launching PP9, then restore to factory settings. This action will overwrite your custom workspace. After PP launch correctly, you could switch to the backup workspace, and overwrite later the corrupted one.

Hope it helps.
    IP